IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Maybe it's a punctuation issue.
Hi Doug,

I'm sorry my comments and questions are apparently rubbing you the wrong way.

I wrote:
"I think it's a stretch to argue that bin Laden somehow controls the Taliban."

I got that impression from your comment:
From what I have read & observed, esp what happened in Algeria Afghanistan, Chechenya, Pakistan, Indonesia, Bosnia, Albania, Phillipines & Northern China, over the past 10 years, The Taliban is but one of the creations of Bin Laden's organisation & Pakistan are holding Taliban together with support from other militant & fundamentalist organisations in other countries.

Emphasis added. Sorry if I misinterpreted your comment.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: Maybe it's the whole shebang

Its been a long painful week. I know we are all mind people and our brains have been working overtime.

I am sorry if I seemed sarcastic. I do have an ongoing concern about how little world news seems to make it thru the US media channels & this was one of Noam Chomsky's greatest issues. It is also of concern to some of outside the US as to the extent that opinion in the US appears to be moulded & openly manipulated for particular purposes. I know of people this past week who are putting forward theories that include the US Govt being fully aware that an event of this magnitude was about to happen but had decided as easrly as 2000 to allow it to happen & to use it to focus world energy on wiping out the 'forces-of-evil'. I won't comment any further on that because it is too hard to conceive & is a very counter-productive line of thinking (who wants to feed the conspiracy theory freaks with that kind of food) . It isn't impossible though.

Anyway - please just take my comments as opinions that can be looked at & ignored or absorbed. I usually preface the topic with a line that indicates if it is my own thinking or a quote & I do provide links as much as I can.

Cheers - Doug
New Heard that one...
I know of people this past week who are putting forward theories that include the US Govt being fully aware that an event of this magnitude was about to happen but had decided as easrly as 2000 to allow it to happen & to use it to focus world energy on wiping out the 'forces-of-evil'.
Well, actually I didn't hear it, but my wife listened to a local public radio station where one of the local guys that's known locally was proposing that theory (people in the DFW will know John Wiley Price).

The one convenient aspect to this conspiracy theory is that since Bush was smart enough to let it occur, then surely he will be equally qualified to solve the problem. Nice convenient and tidy way to view things with the world being but a playtoy of the rich and powerful - it's a much scarier thought to realize that we have don't have near enuf control over our destiny as a species.

New Re: On conspiracies

I have a hard copy of a particularly hard hitting item that echoed what I had written re Taliban & Bin Laden. The strange thing though is that this article is not showing in the archieves of SCMP even though it was the feature article on the front page of their FOCUS section.

It is the only article that I can tell, that appears to be missing from their archives.

I will scan the page in later today as 2 jpg images & present it as links to the jpg images.

I can't see any reason for it to dissapear, but as mentioned in another post re some 'interesting photos' I can't get that web site to respond. At this point these types of incidents seem a bit unusual but not enough to question if there is anything deeper invloved.

Cheers

Doug
New Arguing against prior notice, I think
..is the utter banality of Dubya's responses from the first and since. SomeOne in DC could have better prepped him (even if he told the writer only, "say, just in case something awful happens: what should I say? since I have no real thoughts of my own")

??

A.
New hafta disagree here
when reading to the kids an aid whispered in his ear what had happened. Instead of pulling a Bill bawling for the press corp, making a date for later with the teacher and screaming to the kids "gotta go face time!" Bush thought thru the process, there is fsckall I can do in the next 20 minutes, and I wouldnt want to disapoint these kids. Besides it would also give him a chance to think about ramifications, told the aid they would discuss it later and calmly continued the visit with the kids. I didnt care for the guy before but I think now he might, maybe, have a set. The future will let us know.
thanx,
bill
why did god give us a talleywhacker and a trigger finger if he didnt want us to use them?
Randy Wayne White
New Point well taken - let's hope there IS a There there..
     Bin Laden, Taliban, Pakistan & Islam - some comments - (dmarker2) - (10)
         Supporting links please? - (Another Scott) - (9)
             Re: Supporting links please? - (dmarker2)
             Re: PS where did I say ... - (dmarker2) - (7)
                 Maybe it's a punctuation issue. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                     Re: Maybe it's the whole shebang - (dmarker2) - (5)
                         Heard that one... - (ChrisR) - (4)
                             Re: On conspiracies - (dmarker2)
                             Arguing against prior notice, I think - (Ashton) - (2)
                                 hafta disagree here - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Point well taken - let's hope there IS a There there.. -NT - (Ashton)

As you wish.
92 ms