IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Interesting if true...
...but while I'd love to find something like that to use against the frightening wave of anti-arab sentiment that's rushing throughout the US, so far it doesn't make any sense.

What does CNN have to gain from that? And if it wasn't actually happening, why haven't any of the countries denied it? Also, those events were confirmed independently by an ABCNews correspondent who has friends in that area (according to that correspondent).

And finally, if it was CNNs wish to stir up trouble, why would the media go to such lengths to stress, even as the tape was being shown, that such celebrations were NOT participated in by all groups, and that in fact the leaders of the countries the celebrations were taking place in were condeming the attacks instead of joining in?

I guess I won't completely discount it simply because I read an article somewhere that CNN has lost a lot of the respect it once had, and they might be trying a ratings boost, but to be honest I'm having trouble mustering up that much cynicism -- and when it comes to the media, I can muster rather a lot.
"We are all born originals -- why is it so many of us die copies?"
- Edward Young
New Re: My first reaction to those images was how odd !

I would not be the least surprised if these were shown to be old Gulf war footage. They were shown here in China on both mainland & HK channels as well as Greek, French & one other expat channel.

Even had it been recent images, they looked almost staged or not quite right.

If it can be proved that these were lies/propaganda someone needs to be fired. CNN should be made to publicly admit that one of its employees did this and that they allowed it to continue. If true it is unbelievably despicable.

I would be wanting to know what the real motive was behind such a deed if proven true.
- Was it a case of the actions took place but they had no direct footage so showed archieval tape
- Was it politically inspired to whip up anti-Palestinian feeling (which it sure did)
- Was it just a simple & honest mistake (that would take some convincing to accept)

Doug Marker

What to make of this? - (marlowe) - (11)
         Interesting if true... - (cwbrenn) - (1)
             Re: My first reaction to those images was how odd ! - (dmarker2)
         If that is true . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
             That would be no excuse, unless they clearly labelled... - (marlowe) - (3)
                 Why? - (Silverlock) - (2)
                     Well, now you've opened a can of worms. - (marlowe) - (1)
                         Ve know how ve weel finding you.. - (Ashton)
         Interesting mix from the jingoistic to the surreal. - (Ashton) - (1)
             Re: Arafat - he should have given 10 pints in 1 go - (dmarker2)
         need to see the footage again and look at the cars -NT - (boxley)
         Link no good - (jb4)

Right-eous-ness cha cha cha.
66 ms