IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Even more to it -was there in the trenches with howitzer
My preference would have been a fixed AWT with MVC (e.g. every widget would have a model like with Swing etc.), those widgets not found on any given platform would be emulated. SWT is too simplistic in that respect.

Are you talking about plain SWT or are you including JFace? My understanding is that JFace is the MVC wrapper around SWT.

We are moving to Java development and have done a first proof of concept module using Swing (which is integrated into our PowerBuilder app). It works ok, but I'm wondering if SWT is ready now to replace Swing. What's your opinion?
Regards,
John Urberg
New This is what I understand
I have used Swing extensively, I have only read about SWT and have not used it. JFace is a UI toolkit implemented using SWT that simplifies common UI programming tasks. JFace is window-system-independent in both its API and implementation, and is designed to work with SWT without hiding it. I don't think that JFace provides the same level of MVC suport that Swing does. [link|http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/os-ecgui1/index.html?dwzone=java|JFace tutorial]
     Sun vs. IBM and the origins of Swing - (bluke) - (11)
         Wow - good posting - (tjsinclair)
         Re: Sun vs. IBM and the origins of Swing - (johnu)
         I don't buy it - (tuberculosis) - (4)
             The basic facts are wrong - (bluke)
             Native widgets - (bluke) - (1)
                 Re: Native widgets - (tuberculosis)
             VisualWorks and emulated widgets - (bluke)
         Even more to it -was there in the trenches with howitzer :-) - (dmarker) - (3)
             Re: Even more to it -was there in the trenches with howitzer - (bluke) - (2)
                 Re: Even more to it -was there in the trenches with howitzer - (johnu) - (1)
                     This is what I understand - (bluke)

I don't think mammals are meant to eat reptiles.
56 ms