IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Move to Canada
We can't - the prejudice against Americans wishing to emigrate is too much to overcome.
-drl
New :)
You'd probably have a hard time getting in, anyway. One of the big debates going on up here now is around how we've changed our immigration/refugee policy at the behest of the US (in order to keep an open border); it includes automatic detention for refugees.
--\r\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\r\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\r\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\r\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\r\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New It's Not Funny
I would move tomorrow if it were even halfway possible.

I don't feel at home anywhere in the States. That is what my govt has done for me.

I've considered just showing up on the doorstep.

-drl
New NAFTA is bi-directional
we can work and live there no prob if it is in an listed industry.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]</br>

"If you want to meet a group of people who have a profound distrust of, and hostility toward, our legal system, don't waste your time on political radicals; interview a random selection of crime victims, and you will probably find that they make the former group look like utopian idealists by comparison." Dave Robicheaux
New Yeah, right.
The exchange rate ruins that.

People in Canada work in the States because they get paid more, both in dollar amounts and because of the exchange rate. The cost of living is lower in Canada, so it's a big win. The exact same forces prevent US workers from doing the same; it isn't economically feasible.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Yep
Not only that..

I've investigated emigration to several places. The answer is always a mix of doubts and impossible roadblocks.

IOW, multiculturalism is fine, unless you're white, western, and male.
-drl
Expand Edited by deSitter March 11, 2003, 02:20:32 PM EST
New In practice, multiculturalism doesn't work out that way
But you'd have to pass some time up here to see that.
--\r\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\r\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\r\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\r\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\r\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New Escape from St. Louis
Form your own country, I think that island on the Mississippi river can be claimed as a new country. It is usually known as no-man's land and people met there to duel because the state and federal laws didn't apply there.

The United States Of deSitter, population 1. Build a lean-to, and elect yourself as President and then apply to the UN for membership. Print up your own money using an Inkjet or Laserjet printer.

Either that or apply for a Reality TV show and get relocated for a few months to someplace else and hope you don't get voted off.

Canada don't want you, how about Mexico? Learn to speak Spanish and get a job at one of the many factories there. We stop them from coming into the US, but not from leaving the US to Mexico. Bring as many US Dollars as you can to Mexico, enough to buy some land and a house, with money left over to bribe the officials to keep you out of jail for being a Gringo. :)

[link|http://pub75.ezboard.com/bantiiwethey|
New and improved, Chicken Delvits!]
     bill of no rights - (boxley) - (32)
         He left off one - (lincoln) - (1)
             :) -NT - (boxley)
         Great whine. -NT - (Silverlock)
         I'll disagree on V and XI, but otherwise, very nice. -NT - (Brandioch) - (28)
             Move to Canada - (jake123) - (27)
                 Re: Move to Canada - (deSitter) - (7)
                     :) - (jake123) - (6)
                         It's Not Funny - (deSitter) - (5)
                             NAFTA is bi-directional - (boxley) - (3)
                                 Yeah, right. - (admin) - (2)
                                     Yep - (deSitter) - (1)
                                         In practice, multiculturalism doesn't work out that way - (jake123)
                             Escape from St. Louis - (orion)
                 Too cold - (tuberculosis) - (18)
                     What?? - (deSitter) - (17)
                         MC5 WAS the michigan band of all time -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                             Kick Out the Jams, Mothe - - (cwbrenn) - (2)
                                 got that vynl around somewhere -NT - (boxley)
                                 Heh - (jake123)
                         All the good live albums were cut in the motor city. - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                             Sister still here? - (admin) - (2)
                                 Yep - Grosse Pte - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                     Vail? Well, damn... - (admin)
                             Wrong fscking answer - (deSitter)
                         Fooker...? -NT - (admin) - (7)
                             Re: Fooker...? - (deSitter) - (6)
                                 Oh, *THAT* Fooker. - (admin) - (5)
                                     Folkert - fooker - okay it's a stretch - (deSitter) - (4)
                                         Heh... - (admin) - (3)
                                             ohio michigan wtfd :) -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                                 Snowfall. - (admin) - (1)
                                                     /me cheerfully fails to rise to the bait -NT - (drewk)

Happiness is a lint filter full of thwarted pinworms.
66 ms