IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Yeah, right.
Boy, that "consent decree" in '95 that started this shooting match really made them curb their behavior didn't it?

That was a settlement - not a mandated one. There is a huge difference. The DoJ didn't want to have to go to court to prove they were violating it.

That's taken care of now - the legal issue is settled.

A code of conduct, (not really a consent decree) can be set upon - and now, rather than having to prove all sorts of other stuff (as the case turned into, you might note), now its "did you do that? yes or no". Much much easier to enforce.

but just having them sign "consent decrees" is not going to do it and judgements against them they either ignore

Its not a matter of them signing anything now. Its now a matter of what they get told to do (unless they start playing nice, fast).

And as for ignoring judgements, I think they've run out of rope, no judge is ignorant of their behavior.

Addison
New You're more optimistic than I am.
Perhaps I'm jaded by the long, sordid history of M$ getting away with more than anyone should. Gates comes from a family of lawyers and has always viewed the law as a tool. He's usually come out relatively unscathed considering the gravity of his shenanigans.
     Bloomberg: US won't seek breakup, drops tying claim. - (Another Scott) - (19)
         Figures... - (Simon_Jester) - (10)
             Ya know... - (addison) - (9)
                 Yeah, right. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                     Re: Yeah, right. - (addison) - (1)
                         You're more optimistic than I am. - (mmoffitt)
                 yeah, but... - (Simon_Jester) - (5)
                     Think of parole... - (addison) - (4)
                         If? - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                             Maybe. - (addison)
                         Add... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                             No. I'm talking about the difference between then and now. - (addison)
         No matter... - (Yendor) - (5)
             States joined DOJ in statement. Propose Jackson's remedies. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 Good remedies. - (admin)
                 That covers the two worst problems - (drewk)
                 As to just boot loader provisions - (Ashton)
             Going for speed - (Silverlock)
         Don't know how much difference it makes - (wharris2)
         This isn't new - (warmachine)

That thing has got to be the most relentlessly LRPDistic movie ever made.
104 ms