IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Nope
Just wondering if ascribing unamerican unpatriotic, communistic sentiments to protestors had any other rationale than the act of protesting.

Hell, >some< cops are unamerican, unpatriotic communists. >Some< soccer moms are. >Some< radio personalities are. Rush didn't say >some< protestors. Beep's thoughtless defense of the vulgar pigboy is where the word >some< gets introduced.
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it."

-- George Bernard Shaw
New So ANSWER is a pro American Organization?
they are certainly the "some" that BP was talking about, and freedom has damn little to do with their agenda as reported. That is the equivelence of calling me a racists because I the Jesse the Jackson is a putz.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

"The Mafia was preferable to the state, because it survived by providing services people actually wanted"
Murray Rothbard
New Careful there Bill
You might end with the "King of non-sequiters" crown held michel merlin.
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it."

-- George Bernard Shaw
New french godwin attempt ^^I^>
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

"The Mafia was preferable to the state, because it survived by providing services people actually wanted"
Murray Rothbard
New French Godwin
Any mention of Descartes or the WWII surrender ends a thread. Any mention of both in the same post results in banishment.
-drl
New Oops he mentioned both...
DeSitter, consider yourself officially banned.

:D
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
New Nope again
I was just trying to keep this thread from getting hijacked.

Rush Limbaugh has stated that protestors are unamerican.

I think that is sickening. I kind of like the fact that we can protest. Distrust of our rulers is built-in to the american soul. Sad that the distrust has so often been proven needful.

Very slowly,

Protestors are unamerican, unpatriotic communists.

Do you agree with that statement?

(Note, I did not say >some<.)

-- George Bernard Shaw
New do I agree with YOUR statement, no
what we are discussing is not thread hijacking but finger pointing. The start of the thread was an american trying to silence a critic (rush) my point is that act is as despicable as statements by Rush who is a stupid man with a large following.
Again my quote is accurate (although badly misspelled) declaring me a racist because I think jesse the jackson is a putz.
thanx,
bill

Murray Rothbard
New No
This is not about trying to silence a "critic". If you truly think Rush Limbaugh is just a "critic", I don't see any common ground to continue this discussion.

-- George Bernard Shaw
New are they trying to silence rush? yes/no
If he is not a critic describe what (in your view) he is? In my view he is a man who buys blocks of radio time and resells the time to advertisers while presenting a product which is geared to the yuppie dicklicks that have no real world experience and are afraid of everything.
thanx,
bill

Murray Rothbard
New Yes they are
That is exactly what those citizens are attempting. After years of this creep, some have become fed up. You think they don't have the right to try?

-- George Bernard Shaw
New I see so the first ammendment is selectively enforcd?

Murray Rothbard
New I don't think you understand what it means
Not if you can make that statement.

-- George Bernard Shaw
New perhaps you would care to expound?
You agreed that rush should be silenced. I think his speech is protected under the first ammendment. Am I misreading your position?
thanx,
bill

Murray Rothbard
New Everybody in the US has the right to be wrong...
...and an ass. In Rush's case, a BIIIIG ass.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
New Not only misreading my position,
You don't seem to grasp the concept of free speech too well either. The first amendment comes into play when the government restricts speech. Citizens have free speech rights to complain about the speech of others. Rush is still free to spew his venom. I am free to tell his advertisers I will not purchase their wares while they enable his hateful speech. You are free to not understand the difference between a government restricting speech and citizens using free speech.

-- George Bernard Shaw
New If you dont like the message, turn it off
dont listen, dont attend Klan rallies if you dont like what they preach, you dont go to the local dept store and boycott their linen supply, you form a group that clearly shows the lies of the otherside. That is the Difference between me and the PC folks, I dont try to stifle your speech. PC on the other hand will use every means possible to stop a dissenting idea from being diseminated.
thanx,
bill

Murray Rothbard
New Yeah, right.

-- George Bernard Shaw
New Think of it as a public debate -
Rush won't let you on his air to rebut (unless for a few seconds.. after you lied and said you wanted to agree). Timing is Everything, when the mouth-breathers are bein pumped up - short attention span and all.

So instead, your rebuttal is given to the sponsor. As Murican as buyin your very own judge to get your criminal Corporation off on "self-policing" - exact same route as above.

Me.
New restarted debate in politics

Murray Rothbard
New Listen, you nitwit, this is how it is: (new thread)
Created as new thread #78348 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=78348|Listen, you nitwit, this is how it is:]

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New Come off it, Box: "Silence" - HARDLY
Let him rant to the same level of audience as his "sponsor-paid / entertainment show" justifies. It is as legitimate to attack his funding by appealing to the cupidity of his funders as.. to boycott Nestle for its dissembling about infant formula sales tactics.

And if there actually is -finally- satiation amongst the aforementioned juonior dick-heads? and they tell the sponsor This Is so - that's the Murican Way of placing cupidity/$$ over any principles whatsoever. It's not even Astroturf: sponsors want to know how effective is their shill for driving more sheep to the Mall.

We should be compassionate though, like them Repubs and other Repos: if Rush loses lots of hours - maybe we can create a special Rush Forum at IWE, give him up to a megabyte a month of fulminations.. If he can type.

Reducing the spread of Rush is as legitimate an aim as - getting the Harris Ranch on I-5 to Clean Up, find real pasture for the McBurgers-on-hoof: standing around in their own shit for their entire lives. Have to keep car windows closed for miles.

Public service.

Ashton
New The term "demagogue" comes to mind
If he is not a critic describe what (in your view) he is?

Yes, I think demagogue (the modern definition) fits quite nicely (ObAdHominem: Which is no small feat, considering how hard it is to get anything to fit that man... :-) )
jb4
"They lead. They don't manage. The carrot always wins over the stick. Ask your horse. You can lead your horse to water, but you can't manage him to drink."
Richard Kerr, United Technologies Corporation, 1990
New demagogue, hardly he's not that good

Murray Rothbard
New Yah. Agreed.
I'm not a big fan of his, to say the least - but the point stands - is it a defense of what he *said*, or criticising the 'targeting'?

(geez, gotta read the 'preview' more before typing!)

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
Expand Edited by imric Jan. 30, 2003, 05:00:29 PM EST
New Oh, come on. You're not that naive.
Don't you remember what the pResident said? "Yur either fer us, er agin us."
     Boycott Rush movement gathering steam - (Silverlock) - (57)
         very interesting, instead of offering a replacement - (boxley) - (11)
             Cuomo had interesting insight on that. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                 Exactly - (Silverlock)
                 ROLF!! hoohaaa, you dont listen to leftwing radio I take it? - (boxley) - (8)
                     Ever heard of Clearchannel? - (Silverlock) - (6)
                         Clearchannel is a business seeking to earn money - (boxley) - (5)
                             So there's not much market for Randi? - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                 How is Rush's deal structured? - (boxley) - (3)
                                     Again, you're making my point. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                         then why is Sharpton running and maxine waters elected? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                             Because some Can.. fight Decible with Decibel. Free choice. -NT - (Ashton)
                     Randi Rhodes? He was awesome with Ozzie! -NT - (tuberculosis)
         Heh heh... - (bepatient) - (40)
             How creepy - (Silverlock) - (39)
                 Heheh. *some* undoubtedly are. - (imric) - (37)
                     Nope - (Silverlock) - (25)
                         So ANSWER is a pro American Organization? - (boxley) - (22)
                             Careful there Bill - (Silverlock) - (21)
                                 french godwin attempt ^^I^> -NT - (boxley) - (20)
                                     French Godwin - (deSitter) - (1)
                                         Oops he mentioned both... - (inthane-chan)
                                     Nope again - (Silverlock) - (17)
                                         do I agree with YOUR statement, no - (boxley) - (16)
                                             No - (Silverlock) - (15)
                                                 are they trying to silence rush? yes/no - (boxley) - (14)
                                                     Yes they are - (Silverlock) - (10)
                                                         I see so the first ammendment is selectively enforcd? -NT - (boxley) - (9)
                                                             I don't think you understand what it means - (Silverlock) - (8)
                                                                 perhaps you would care to expound? - (boxley) - (7)
                                                                     Everybody in the US has the right to be wrong... - (imric)
                                                                     Not only misreading my position, - (Silverlock) - (5)
                                                                         If you dont like the message, turn it off - (boxley) - (4)
                                                                             Yeah, right. -NT - (Silverlock)
                                                                             Think of it as a public debate - - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                                 restarted debate in politics -NT - (boxley)
                                                                             Listen, you nitwit, this is how it is: (new thread) - (CRConrad)
                                                     Come off it, Box: "Silence" - HARDLY - (Ashton)
                                                     The term "demagogue" comes to mind - (jb4) - (1)
                                                         demagogue, hardly he's not that good -NT - (boxley)
                         Yah. Agreed. - (imric)
                         Oh, come on. You're not that naive. - (mmoffitt)
                     Yes - (Silverlock) - (10)
                         Yes? Really? So you are saying - (imric) - (9)
                             Huh? - (Silverlock) - (8)
                                 Um - and I was pointing out that - (imric)
                                 Simple inference? - (bepatient) - (6)
                                     Stalinist, not communist agenda -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                                         Re: Stalinist, not communist agenda - (bepatient) - (2)
                                             "not so picky" or "not so accurate", either applies. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                 perhaps you overlooked the punctuation? -NT - (bepatient)
                                         A Stalinist is just a Communist who follows through. - (marlowe)
                                     PrincipAL, Goddammit! How fucking hard can that *be*?!? (new thread) - (CRConrad)
                 No I don't - (bepatient)
         <snicker> my first thought: - (hnick)
         They don't care for Canadian power trios? - (marlowe)
         CBS Marketwatch needs userid/pswd - (jb4) - (1)
             Linked from another site - (Silverlock)

She's just another ambitious slut from the prosecutor class.
109 ms