IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New so how far apart do you plant your rows of steaks?
you are the one insisting ranching isnt a business. I linked to where Bush's ranch is a business. You stated only farms grew food. That is patently incorrect. To me and a lot of people a ranch by definition is a business. If you own a lot of land and sit in a house in the middle of it and do not use the land to either
A: grow crops
B: graze cattle
C: mix of either of A or B
you do not have a ranch, you have an estate. If you do A,B, or C it is a business that either produces profit or loss. In eiher case you must file a tax return wherin there is deductions you can take.
Now you have a valid point here
And it can also be used for driving to church, going to Grandma's, picking up groceries for your Super Bowl party, and this mileage can be written off too. After all, who's going to know that these aren't "official business" activities? Uncle Sam sure won't. Good deal for those owning an SUV; bad deal for American taxpayers who help subsidize its purchase and annual usage.

now lets extrapolate can we. Were you at work when you posted that? If you were does your employer take a deduction for all the equipment, connect charges etc? When I did my taxes I claimed non re-imbursable expenses charged by the mile for the 8 months I was commuting from West Palm to Tampa. I am supposed to differentiate between personal miles and work miles. I had a separate vehicle for that purpose. I have other vehicles for personal use. I could have bought an SUV and otten depreciation. I just hate having car payments. Either the law is for all people or non. You cant discriminate against rural people.
thanx,
Bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

"The Mafia was preferable to the state, because it survived by providing services people actually wanted"
Murray Rothbard
New You're still wrong

you are the one insisting ranching isnt a business

No I am not. I'm saying that a ranch DOES NOT HAVE TO BE A BUSINESS. You're the one saying that a ranch MUST be a business.

I linked to where Bush's ranch is a business.

No, you linked to where Shrub is a "gentleman rancher" STRICTLY for the tax break it provides his personal residence. Go check his tax returns; look at the line that says "profession" - does it say "rancher" on it?

You stated only farms grew food.

No, I stated that a farm GROWS food, i.e., crops, while a ranch RAISES animals, which MAY be turned into food.

To me and a lot of people a ranch by definition is a business

Which is nothing more than your OPINION, something that you have yet to PROVE.

If you own a lot of land and sit in a house in the middle of it and do not use the land to either
A: grow crops
B: graze cattle
C: mix of either of A or B
you do not have a ranch, you have an estate.

Once again, from[link|http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary|http://www.m-w.com/]

Main Entry: es\ufffdtate
Pronunciation: is-'tAt
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English estat, from Old French -- more at STATE
Date: 13th century
1 : STATE, CONDITION
2 : social standing or rank especially of a high order
3 : a social or political class; specifically : one of the great classes (as the nobility, the clergy, and the commons) formerly vested with distinct political powers
4 a : the degree, quality, nature, and extent of one's interest in land or other property b (1) : POSSESSIONS, PROPERTY; especially : a person's property in land and tenements "a man of small estate" (2) : the assets and liabilities left by a person at death c : a landed property usually with a large house on it d British : PROJECT 4
5 British : STATION WAGON

Your position is that an estate is a large piece of property that is not worked. When I visited heard George Washington's Mount Vernon home, the tour guide called it an "estate", yet he grew tobacco for profit. Jefferson's "Monitcello" estate? Ditto - slaves tended his crops. There are plenty of residences of rich people in the northeast states that are called estates and do not grow crops or raise animals. There's nothing in Merriam Webster's definition about an estate being land NOT worked, leaving open the potential for an estate to BE worked.

now lets extrapolate can we. Were you at work when you posted that? If you were does your employer take a deduction for all the equipment, connect charges etc?

So let's post an example. I'm a brand new employee and my employer will put a desktop PC in my assigned cubicle for me to perform my duties. I can easily be productive with a Pentium II or Pentium III but, thanks to a proposed change in the tax laws by President Shrub, my employer decides to purchase a loaded-to-the-gills Pentium IV workstation with dual CPUs, 1 gig RAM, dual 160 gig hard drives. Lots of options, completely unnecessary, and never would have occured if it weren't for a useless incentive provided by President Shrub. The tax break accomplishes nothing but to get people to purchase more expensive things and will not help put unemployed people back to work.

Same thing with a work truck and SUVs. If Scott's parent's need to haul people or stuff around, they had other choices like pick-up trucks, work minivans, or panel trucks. Instead, he states that they purchased it with leather seats "for the dogs". It probably came with a great stereo system and other nice options too. That doesn't sound like my definition of a "work vehicle" unless their business is raising dogs or running a kennel.

You cant discriminate against rural people.

And who says I am? Your remark is completely off topic. I'm against a proposed tax break that is designed to do nothing more than get President Shrub into the good graces with the Democratic party voting United Auto Workers.

I'm still waiting for you to PROVE your contention that a "ranch by definition is a business".
lincoln
"Four score and seven years ago, I had a better sig"
New calling all rich people, send this guy a check so his envy
go away
Same thing with a work truck and SUVs. If Scott's parent's need to haul people or stuff around, they had other choices like pick-up trucks, work minivans, or panel trucks. Instead, he states that they purchased it with leather seats "for the dogs". It probably came with a great stereo system and other nice options too. That doesn't sound like my definition of a "work vehicle" unless their business is raising dogs or running a kennel.
so now you are in charge of deciding what folks can drive, what they can or cant grow on their property as well as giving me the barest minimum to do my work at the office(if I had any) Jawol Her Direktor.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

"The Mafia was preferable to the state, because it survived by providing services people actually wanted"
Murray Rothbard
New Boy, you're full of assumptions.

They have a pickup truck. It isn't sufficient.

A van would not be sufficient.

A panel truck would not be sufficient.

You don't know fuck-all about my parents' situation, yet you feel perfectly qualified to say, "they don't need an SUV". Until you get over yourself, I feel no need to explain in detail why they chose the vehicle they chose, and why it was the only real choice they had.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
     Raising tax breaks for those buying SUVs - (lincoln) - (33)
         Not all bad - (admin) - (31)
             Sorry! Avalanche owners need not apply... - (jb4) - (2)
                 Avalanches can get leather too... - (admin)
                 Incidentally, I think their Avalance is >6K pounds -NT - (admin)
             But why should they get - (lincoln) - (27)
                 if you needed a chevy or toyota for your business - (boxley)
                 Personal use? - (admin) - (25)
                     we forgot he's in texas "all hat and no cattle" :-) -NT - (boxley)
                     Not all ranches are businesses - (lincoln) - (23)
                         to get the tax break you must operate as a business - (boxley) - (22)
                             What business does Dubya operate in Crawford? - (lincoln) - (1)
                                 He is in the grazing lease business - (boxley)
                             Merriam-Webster says - (lincoln) - (19)
                                 Like I said before ya dont know shit about ranchin or farmin - (boxley) - (18)
                                     And you don't know how to read 2nd grade English - (lincoln)
                                     By the way dickhead, food is grown on a farm, not a ranch - (lincoln) - (1)
                                         steak is grown on farms? How far apart are the rows? -NT - (boxley)
                                     You're still avoiding the topic - (lincoln) - (14)
                                         You are the one denigrating ranchers and farmers - (boxley) - (13)
                                             Y'know, I beg to differ with that. - (inthane-chan) - (5)
                                                 okay then all fast food restaurants are out of business - (boxley) - (4)
                                                     So they raise prices 10-15%. - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                                                         so now they have a 17% profit margin and you are taxing 100% - (boxley) - (2)
                                                             Just showing how skewed our econ is. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                                                 Corporate taxes are actually a sales tax - (boxley)
                                             nice post of your Straw Man - (lincoln) - (4)
                                                 so how far apart do you plant your rows of steaks? - (boxley) - (3)
                                                     You're still wrong - (lincoln) - (2)
                                                         calling all rich people, send this guy a check so his envy - (boxley)
                                                         Boy, you're full of assumptions. - (admin)
                                             Bush's Crawford "ranch" is NOT a business - (lincoln) - (1)
                                                 for the link following impaired - (boxley)
         This would result in a tax break of $38,000(US) - (jb4)

Maybe you should try to go over those dark green things.
103 ms