IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hmm..Far more centrist than I'd have thought
I consider myself generally right on economically, and generally libertarian socially...and previous barometers of this sort have reflected that.

Economic Left/Right: 1.75
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -1.28

But like AnotherScott, I truly disliked some of the questions. For example, I may consider some of the situations to be "wrong", morally or otherwise, and chose 'agree' to those. However, that in no way means I would support laws against such things. I imagine that if I had chose 'disagree' to some of those, my score toward libertarian would have been higher.
-----
Steve
New Yup.
One of the ones I didn't like was:
Schools pay too much attention to the arts and not enough towards their real function - equipping the future generation to find jobs.
I don't think any of the schools pay too much attention to the arts at the expense of job training. I think too much attention is paid to sports at the expense of job training (unless you're going to be a professional player).

But then, I also believe that schools should do more than just train the next generation of worker-consumers.

Rather than being one statement, I think that that one statement should be at least three statements:

#1. Schools spend too much attention on the arts.
(strongly disagree, most kids today know nothing of the arts except for rap music and transgretional stuff like Maplethorp)

#2. Schools real function is equipping the future generation to find jobs. (disagree, their real function should be education)

#3. Schools spend too much attention on the wrong subjects.
(strongly agree, most kids are taught to be worker-consumers rather than how to think and the basics of debate and how to research and so forth)

So, from strongly disagree to strongly agree. And that's one of the simple ones. :)
New So send 'em in.
The site specifically requests that if you have any suggestions, to send 'em in.

Try here: info@politicalcompass.org
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the wise cannot see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
New Will do.
     I'm sure this has been posted before. - (Brandioch) - (36)
         Me: Economic: + 0.75, Auth/Lib: -4.21 - (Another Scott)
         Economic: -5.88 Auth/Lib: -5.18 - (tangaroa)
         Hmm..Far more centrist than I'd have thought - (Steve Lowe) - (3)
             Yup. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                 So send 'em in. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                     Will do. -NT - (Brandioch)
         -3.88/-5.08 here - (ben_tilly) - (6)
             Ben, move over. - (inthane-chan)
             Sheeez... LR -6.25 AL -2.36 - (folkert)
             Yow. I'm more moderate - (tseliot)
             -4.62; -4.41 - (rcareaga)
             I've noticed a conspicuous lack of left libs in WoT forum... -NT - (tseliot) - (1)
                 I'll try and post more. -NT - (Silverlock)
         lr 2.0 AL -210 but the questions were mostly none of the - (boxley)
         Too many emotionally charged questions - (deSitter) - (1)
             Ummm... A bored and Irritate Footbal Player?! - (folkert)
         My "numbers" - (jb4) - (4)
             I've been curious about Philip's results as well.... -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 OK, then are you prepared to unmask... - (jb4) - (1)
                     Nothing so sinister. Philip Marlowe. R.Chandler, etc., :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
             Re: My "numbers" - (bepatient)
         More Libertarian and further to the left than Ghandi - (Silverlock) - (7)
             Egad! You're positively FLAMING! - (jb4) - (1)
                 Yeah. Comes from having an artist as grandfather - (Silverlock)
             Dude! - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                 Dude! right back atcha. - (Silverlock) - (3)
                     Me 2. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                         But.. but, Commie Pinko Scum! was so more Fun than_-7.88 :-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                             I'll answer to either ;-) -NT - (mmoffitt)
         No extremes here - (broomberg) - (3)
             Ditto: -2.12 -3.18 -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                 but but but - (broomberg) - (1)
                     It all depends on the exact category. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Too many of the questions suck, but WTF - - (Ashton)
         Me: Economic L/R: 3.88, Authoritarian/Libertarian: -0.31 - (bbronson)
         Oh goody - another one. :-) - (static)

The next steps I'm real fuzzy on.
135 ms