IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Alas, it ain't no better here.
Our Elder Philosopher p^Hwonders:
So then - what's your take on the "pack animal phenomenon" in Finland, the rest of Euro? Are avge. citizens you observe as insouciant about local politics as our'n?
Yeah, unfortunately they are, more or less.

Here we are mollified, rendered catatonic via the dangled Murican Dream\ufffd\ufffd ie. remain a good drone in the Worker Caste, believe the slogans and someday.. You too may be reincarnated as Pharaoh! Why.. Anyone can become President! [we have surely proven That one].
Here, it's "Remain a good drone in the Worker Caste, believe the slogans and someday... Your children will be Safe and Secure in the protection of the Cradle-to-Grave Welfare State".

Funny thing is, that's the "SOMA" -- NOT the reality, as all those Merkin Bashers(*) of "European 'Cradle-to-Grave Welfare State' Collectivism" seem prone to think.

What's the Soma in your bailiwick? Do folks around there actually participate in the elections, require actual debates, listen to them and vote against patent BS? Or just bitch a lot in better English syntax?
Naah, I'm pretty alone in bitching at this level of English syntax -- apart from the actual English themselves, that is... :-( Most people don't even do that.

They, just like your ComPatriots(+), swallow the bait, slightly different a bait though it may be, and happily chew the Status Cud.

"When the rich assemble to concern themselves with the business of the poor, it is called Charity. When the poor assemble to concern themselves with the business of the rich, it is called Anarchy."

-Paul Richards
Sounds like a pretty smart guy; who the heck is (was?) he, and why haven't I heard of him before now?

(*): Hello, Bogey-Fake!

(+): Hmm... And they complained about "ComSymps"!
   Christian R. Conrad
Mechanisation

As our souls are slowly stolen
The wheels of progress keep steamrolling
Mechanisation melts our minds
To drive the furnace that drives us blind. -- [link|http://www.vergenet.net/~conrad/poetry/mechanisation.html|© Conrad Parker, 1993]
New Well then: ___We Will All Go Together When We Go
[followed by trumpet fanfare] \ufffd Tom Lehrer '50s

[link|http://bookshop.libdems.org.uk/author.jsp?ID=68| Paul Richards] - for one ref.

(At least there are Liberal, Labour parties in UK - along with whatever the Tories are calling selves lately (besides Liege, Sire)). It's bloody insipid crap when there's only our One Party.. which can't figure out what it wants to 'conserve'. Clearly the vaunted US Constitution ain't one of the things)

ComPatriots.. hmm has a ring to it. I See ~~~
I See: The Winter pre-War Schedule !!!
Mud Wrestling in Arena at 11
ComPatriots VS ComSymps [Boo!]

Open rules:
\ufffd dangling participles and insipid slogans permitted
\ufffd that which is not prohibited is compulsory
\ufffd no *definitions* of blab-words required [One Night only!]

Door prize - Choice of
\ufffd John Wayne's first draft deferment notification, in aspic.
\ufffd Herb Caen's original tripewriter in glass-house case.

Well, there's +Fox's Saturday lineup for the winter.

+ Our imported Official Provider of Grossness in Meeja

Ashton
[Seriously though *cough* - I've never before seen the state of 'Language' over here, in such desperate straits. Every public utterance (not as usual - 'just most') is a baldfaced-Lie/Dissemble or the start of a Tissue-of. G\ufffdbbels possessed at least a pseudo-rationale within most fulminations; our 'writers' just spout unpolished turds. And.. hardly a peep, except from the Usual Suspects, who aren't reported anyway.]

Bertie (Russell) had a similar quip,
Advocates of capitalism are very apt to appeal to the sacred principles of liberty, which are embodied in one maxim: The fortunate must not be restrained in the exercise of tyranny over the unfortunate.
     this will make you sick - (lincoln) - (34)
         Why should it??? -NT - (CRConrad) - (12)
             Because - (lincoln) - (11)
                 Yeah, but *why* should that make anyone "feel sick"?!? - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     Riddle me this, Batman: - (lincoln)
                 Alternatively: Isn't that what your system is all about? - (CRConrad) - (8)
                     Watiaminnit - (drewk) - (4)
                         Chicken / egg? - (Ashton) - (2)
                             That doesn't follow - (drewk) - (1)
                                 Bingo, I think too. - (Ashton)
                         Yeah, OK, so I may have mischaracterised the problem. - (CRConrad)
                     {cackle guffaw} Ulp. - (Ashton) - (2)
                         Alas, it ain't no better here. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                             Well then: ___We Will All Go Together When We Go - (Ashton)
         Legislation - (deSitter) - (11)
             Not likely in a Global Economy. - (Andrew Grygus) - (10)
                 Heh.. The "Boys From Brazil" ___Study HVAC -NT - (Ashton)
                 Re: Not likely in a Global Economy. - (deSitter) - (8)
                     Here's a real solution. - (inthane-chan) - (5)
                         One other change - (drewk)
                         That would work - but . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                             Like I said... - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                                 So what you're really advocating is... - (jb4) - (1)
                                     Naw. - (inthane-chan)
                     Yes, unions were extremely effective . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                         Re: Yes, unions were extremely effective . . . - (deSitter)
         Sick? No, pleased that other companies are doing it - (wharris2)
         Same thing happened to the clothing industry - (orion)
         Yeah - (tuberculosis) - (6)
             So, tell us: Which one is it? -NT - (CRConrad) - (4)
                 Panama - Bocas del Toro -NT - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                     UM "Because it's ALREADY been illegally attacked by the US"? -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
                         Plant a teak farm - pay no taxes for 20 years. -NT - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                             Thank Gawd - (Ashton)
             Not a bad idea -NT - (deSitter)

Same thing we do every night, Pinky... try to take over the WORLD!
54 ms