IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: But which Chinese ?
There is a difference between modern ...

1) Western Chinese
2) Singapore Chinese
3) Hong Kong Chinese
4) Malay & Indonesian Chinese
5) Taiwanese Chinese
6) Mainland Chinese
- Han Chinese mainlanders
- 55 or so Minorities Chinese (Esp in Yunnan (southwest) which has more
minorities than any other part of China)

Hong Kong companies like to hire Chinese from 1, 2 & 4 as they tend to be more creative compared to locals

Actually Mainlanders consist of an estimated 55 ethnic groups of which the Han Chinese (popularly called Chinese culture) are 92% of the population. The Han moved from the middle to upper part of China, to other regions and to the south.

[link|http://www.c-c-c.org/chineseculture/minority/minority.html#ethnic|Chinas Ethnic Groups by Name & region]

[link|http://acc6.its.brooklyn.cuny.edu/~phalsall/texts/chinethn.html|What defines an ethnic group in China]

Doug Marker
(The order used in the list does reflect my limited opinion)
New Have worked with Hong Kong mostly
fukien and a couple from the yellow river region as well as a few Northern chinese. All (in the most) seemed adabtable to quickly changing tech stuff except to Fellow in "the Capital" whose ignorance I think was based on politics. He wouldnt get anyone else to help him because of fear that he would be found out he wasnt up to snuff. That wasnt the issue, I needed info he didnt have and it took 2 weeks to convince him he wasnt shooting himself in the foot by getting it for me. When he did get me the network engineer I praised the admins skills to the roof and after that he would hop to when I called.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

Whenever you can stab them in the back.
Better yet stab them in the back in the dead of night.
Best of all stab them in the back in the dead of night while their asleep.
If you've got to stab them in the front, try a low blow.
If none of that works, then use all your skills as best you can, you stupid dummy.
Rodrigo Sfondrati-Piccolomini
A man after my own heart
     North Korea claims to have nuclear weapons - (bluke) - (23)
         Re: Bush, Cheney, Rumz all terrified NK may be telling truth - (dmarker) - (4)
             You mean a Bush attacking a weaker target to avoid - (mhuber) - (3)
                 The Iranians.. - (deSitter) - (2)
                     Re: The Iranians.. - (wharris2) - (1)
                         Re: The Iranians.. - (deSitter)
         Yes, apparently the Korean ideogram for "nuclear weapon..." - (deSitter) - (17)
             Re: I think the NKians have corrected the mistake :-) - (dmarker) - (15)
                 Ah... asian glyph games... - (static) - (14)
                     Re: Ah... asian glyph games... - (dmarker) - (13)
                         Perhaps with the Ancien Regime retiring (remarkable!) - (Ashton)
                         Eh, I find the order Korean chinese and Japanese last - (boxley) - (7)
                             While sorting IQs - where fit in TheMuricanPeepul\ufffd, then? -NT - (Ashton) - (2)
                                 we are cunning not smart Rube Goldberg was invented here - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Cunning enough for self-government__Yet?__Soon? ____Ever?? -NT - (Ashton)
                             The hebrew script isn't pictographic. - Right, BLuke? - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                 Future Univ. Lang: \ufffd Corp Logo-pictograms: for the video gen -NT - (Ashton)
                             Re: But which Chinese ? - (dmarker) - (1)
                                 Have worked with Hong Kong mostly - (boxley)
                         Eastern writing is a real education. - (static) - (3)
                             Re: Yup a real challenge - (dmarker)
                             Re: Question re your dates for Kanxi becoming Kanji - (dmarker) - (1)
                                 Yes, why did I say 400 years? :-) - (static)
             ROFL.....stop it, Ross!! -NT - (jb4)

This is the reference implementation of the self-referential joke.
81 ms