IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New A good point, Ben.
However, my point is that we haven't even begun to explore the alternatives to "stressing the land".

Indeed, we seem hell-bent on ignoring the alternatives. Why? Because to do otherwise would be "bad for Business". Working toward making alternative energy supplies practical in the real world would require investment, and investment against the status quo, for that matter. This scares the living snot out of our current crop of 1-percenter capatalists. Shit, if one were to do that, they might have to project a loss (or worse, no growth) for longer than a quarter or two, and...well, that just wouldn't sit well with the coke-snorting, beemer-driving, self-important, never-done-an-honest-day's-work Wall street bottom-dwellers, now would it?

(Those clowns could fuck up a wet dream...)
jb4
"About the use of language: it is impossible to sharpen a pencil with a blunt axe. It is equally vain to try to do it with ten blunt axes instead. "
-- Edsger W.Dijkstra (1930 - 2002)
(I wish more managers knew that...)
New What do you think the capital investment would be to open
ANWR? Lots. boucoup lots BP and others are willing to risk it. Now as far as the ;and goes to you even comprehend how little 2000 acres is as compared to the state of North Carolina? that is how much land would be used. The rest is available with no "forseable" downside for the fauna of the area. why is the use of that tiny intsy bit of land an anethema to you?
thanx
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]
"Fifty-one percent of a nation can establish a totalitarian regime, suppress minorities and still remain democratic." Correction: All that can be achieved with 51 percent of the voters!" Ilanna Mercer
New 2000 acres is just over 3 square miles. More like pi.
I imagine the roads to the area will take up more acreage.
Alex

"I have a truly marvelous demonstration of this proposition which this margin is too narrow to contain. -- Pierre de Fermat (1601-1665)
New what roads :-)
after freezup in sept and over snow which is the only way ther would build any roads.
nope another misconception bites the dust.
you saw the pipeline on your trip right?
the roads would be winter ice roads, no dev during the summer. No damage,
thanx
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]
"Fifty-one percent of a nation can establish a totalitarian regime, suppress minorities and still remain democratic." Correction: All that can be achieved with 51 percent of the voters!" Ilanna Mercer
New Yep, saw and placed hands on the Alyeska Pipeline...
[link|http://www.alyeska-pipe.com/pipelinefacts.html|near Fairbanks] 3 days after 9/11. Frankly I was surprised that I could do that.
Alex

"I have a truly marvelous demonstration of this proposition which this margin is too narrow to contain. -- Pierre de Fermat (1601-1665)
     The dam bursts - (marlowe) - (39)
         Kiss my ass -NT - (deSitter) - (2)
             What brought that on? - (wharris2) - (1)
                 Re: What brought that on? - (deSitter)
         So look out for the deluge and destruction? :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Gee, how predictable: - (jb4) - (34)
             2 good things out of six, that aint bad :-0 -NT - (boxley) - (33)
                 Got the balls to identify which 2? ___ :-\ufffd -NT - (jb4) - (32)
                     right here o|o - (boxley) - (31)
                         response to O O - (jb4) - (30)
                             do you know a fucking thing about alaska? fix glaring error - (boxley) - (29)
                                 I think you mean "liberal" judges. - (Brandioch) - (5)
                                     no like the conservative judges - (boxley) - (4)
                                         But..... - (Brandioch) - (3)
                                             a judge which ignores the constitution to adjudicate - (boxley) - (2)
                                                 Damn. I'm Conservative and I didn't know it. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                     I always thought you were conservative - (boxley)
                                 25%?!? Surely you jest! - (jb4) - (22)
                                     instead of bleating yer ecocrap do a little research -NT - (boxley)
                                     here is another estimate - (boxley) - (13)
                                         could replace saudi oil for the next 30 years - (boxley) - (9)
                                             and to replace the squirrel cupcake news you will be quoting - (boxley)
                                             Special interest pap....Next? - (jb4) - (7)
                                                 so dead kids for iraqi oil is less important than the - (boxley) - (6)
                                                     Caribou are doing just fine, thank you very much! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                                         shoulda built a pipeline there, returns wooda been faster :) -NT - (boxley)
                                                     You been taking Marlowe red herring creation lessons? - (jb4) - (3)
                                                         so throw marlowe's name out huh Godwin declared -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                                             Now just you waidaminnit... - (jb4) - (1)
                                                                 Anti-Godwin for false-Godwins?____Gawd.. no Win -NT - (Ashton)
                                         Our production and our consumption are different. - (Another Scott)
                                         Who the fsck is "the U.S. Energy Information Administration" - (jb4) - (1)
                                             US fscking government is the special interest think tank - (boxley)
                                     A point that many seem to miss on conservation - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                                         A good point, Ben. - (jb4) - (4)
                                             What do you think the capital investment would be to open - (boxley) - (3)
                                                 2000 acres is just over 3 square miles. More like pi. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                                     what roads :-) - (boxley) - (1)
                                                         Yep, saw and placed hands on the Alyeska Pipeline... - (a6l6e6x)
                                     lets do a math pop quiz - (boxley)

That was never five minutes!
59 ms