IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Damn straight.
Inelegant code is as jarring to my eye as a painting with poorly rendered perspective (unless it's intended that way -- compare Picasso to Obfuscated Perl).
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New rofl....
...somehow I knew that would be your reaction ;-)

You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New To me, not even the intention helps.
Picasso's paintings are just plain UGLY, "intended that way" or not.

I think he was a genius... not as a painter, but as a fraudster.
   Christian R. Conrad
Microsoft is a true reflection of Bill Gates' personality - the sleaziest, most unethical, ugliest little rat's ass the world has seen unto this time.
-- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=42971|Andrew Grygus]
New Boggle!
What painters do you *like*? I can't see how anyone could call Picasso "ugly".

-drl
New Raphael, Rubens, Rembrandt, Schjerfbeck, Liljefors...
(Had to throw in the Scandahoovians so you wouldn't think I'd just cribbed all them R guys from the "Raa to Rum" band of an encyclopedia, or something! :-)
   Christian R. Conrad
Microsoft is a true reflection of Bill Gates' personality - the sleaziest, most unethical, ugliest little rat's ass the world has seen unto this time.
-- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=42971|Andrew Grygus]
New Titian, Botticelli, Vermeer,
etc.etc.etc. they're all great - but Picasso is in a world by himself, like Einstein. See his line drawings (e.g. of Stravinsky, or [link|http://www.picasso.fr/Pablo/genealogie/olga1.jpg|Olga Kokhlova]), his sculpture, his rugs, etc. etc. He has to be the world's foremost visual genius. Something about his dissection of things is infinitely fascinating - a series of drawings of bulls comes to mind - he starts with a full, snarling bull and abstracts it gradually into a stick figure - amazing.
-drl
New He's in a world by himself alright.
I wish I had a piece of that world (I'd sell it ASAP to the highest bidder and never have to work for the rest of my life) but it's still damn ugly.
New New Yorker Cartoon
A shapely model is posing nude for an artist. We see what he is painting - an eye here, a foot there, the usual Picasso stereotype. He's evidently peeved - and the caption reads - "Hold still!"
-drl
New hyronemous boch(mangled spelling) micky D and lenny
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

"Therefore, by objective standards, the leading managers of the U.S. economy...are collectively, clinically insane."
Lyndon LaRouche
New "Hieronymus Bosch", HTH. (BTW, know his American namesake?
"Geronimo!"

AFAICS, that's the Spanish form of the same name.)
   Christian R. Conrad
New thanx, I was 2 lazy to look it up. Geronimo was also Yawner
his name used by other apaches. Whites called him Geronimo. Also a famous Sioux was not Buffalo Gall but Buffalo Dick. Couldnt print that in the papers so changed to Gall.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

"Therefore, by objective standards, the leading managers of the U.S. economy...are collectively, clinically insane."
Lyndon LaRouche
New Boggle?
Picasso *is* just plain ugly. Artsy fartsy. As bad as writers who write "significant" novels (think New York Times book reviews), or musicians who play music that shrieks in your ears.

Self-portrait of a guy who cut off his ear, done crudely, that's art? Art is supposed to say something. That doesn't say too much to me, only a suicidal idiot who can't paint very well.
New Re: Boggle?
Look at the drawing I linked - look at the hands. The drawing is a captured moment of a living person - the drawing looks back at you and we get the strong impression of a cultured woman, very poised, with her hands in her lap just so. Look at her hat - you can see the breeze moving the feathers. The proportions are all distorted, and yet we see the real person sitting there - because the drawing is not the thing itself like a photograph, but Picasso's visual grasp of her spatial-temporal expression. It's amazing.

Picasso did a lot more than help invent Cubism. He captured life as an image.

-drl
New OR: __"I don't like Bach.."___Std. reply:
Now we know about you; what about Bach?
     In a sane(r) world - (Ashton) - (26)
         I'm not plagued by insanity.... - (admin) - (25)
             Re: I'm not plagued by insanity.... - (deSitter) - (24)
                 You'll want to wait for 0.4.0 - (admin) - (23)
                     Yeah I'm Watchin' - (deSitter) - (1)
                         Be right with you. - (static)
                     Not a new thought, but - - (Ashton) - (20)
                         Actually, I'd be a bit embarassed to sell this code. - (admin) - (19)
                             We-ell - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                 You still can't polish a semi-turd. -NT - (admin) - (1)
                                     Tell *THAT* to Microsoft... it Works for them... -NT - (folkert)
                             You *ought* to be embarrassed - (drewk)
                             Damned perfectionists... - (bepatient) - (14)
                                 Damn straight. - (admin) - (13)
                                     rofl.... - (bepatient)
                                     To me, not even the intention helps. - (CRConrad) - (11)
                                         Boggle! - (deSitter) - (10)
                                             Raphael, Rubens, Rembrandt, Schjerfbeck, Liljefors... - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                                 Titian, Botticelli, Vermeer, - (deSitter) - (2)
                                                     He's in a world by himself alright. - (wharris2) - (1)
                                                         New Yorker Cartoon - (deSitter)
                                             hyronemous boch(mangled spelling) micky D and lenny -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                                 "Hieronymus Bosch", HTH. (BTW, know his American namesake? - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                     thanx, I was 2 lazy to look it up. Geronimo was also Yawner - (boxley)
                                             Boggle? - (wharris2) - (2)
                                                 Re: Boggle? - (deSitter)
                                                 OR: __"I don't like Bach.."___Std. reply: - (Ashton)

She's just another ambitious slut from the prosecutor class.
164 ms