IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New By definition, no.
By definition, the Virgin Mary's first child *had* to be Jesus.

Unless you engage in some really remarkable theological mind-spinning.

In which case the virgin birth goes out the window, all Catholicism has to be scrapped (I suppose there may be some sects that might accept it...)
The lawyers would mostly rather be what they are than get out of the way even if the cost was Hammerfall. - Jerry Pournelle
Expand Edited by wharris2 Oct. 21, 2002, 11:54:15 PM EDT
New how many wives did Joseph have?
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

"Therefore, by objective standards, the leading managers of the U.S. economy...are collectively, clinically insane."
Lyndon LaRouche
New Unknown but since he doesnt stick around..?

Many fears are born of stupidity and ignorance -
Which you should be feeding with rumour and generalisation.
BOfH, 2002 "Episode" 10
New Multiple wives?
I don't suppose the Jewish faith prohibits multiple wives (we have the example of one of their heros, David) but the Biblical accounts don't say Joseph had any other wives before Mary.

Not that I trust those accounts on much of anything. IMO, anything written thirty years after the death of a martyr by people promoting the faith must be called into question. And of course they would all portray Joseph, the father, as a guy who was pure as the driven snow. Joseph might have been a mighty philanderer so far as we know.

(And, as far as we know, the "virgin birth" may very well have been due to some... shall we say... playing around between Joseph and Mary. If Clinton didn't know what "is" or "sex" meant, sure as hell Mary and Joseph didn't.)
New widower? He is portayed as older
My baby boy said the senior, just because there is snow on the roof doensnt mean the furnace is out. Bystander mutters must have been a lot of soot in that chimney
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

"Therefore, by objective standards, the leading managers of the U.S. economy...are collectively, clinically insane."
Lyndon LaRouche
New So why didn't they?
IMO, anything written thirty years after the death of a martyr by people promoting the faith must be called into question.

Absolutely right. Somebody must have found out the "real truth" when it was written. Someone involved musta blabbed. So where's the document(s) exposing all this?

Many fears are born of stupidity and ignorance -
Which you should be feeding with rumour and generalisation.
BOfH, 2002 "Episode" 10
     Possible ossuary of Jesus' brother found - (admin) - (19)
         ROFL that is sooo funny, Will the religious splain the joke? - (boxley) - (9)
             There's a joke? - (static) - (8)
                 It is not a corruption - (boxley) - (7)
                     Well, the box was translated from Aramaic - (admin) - (5)
                         it means either poor reporting or hoax be nice to know -NT - (boxley)
                         Photo, Graphic of Aramaic Names - (deSitter) - (3)
                             That's a much better article. -NT - (admin)
                             great article and pictures but one more problem - (boxley) - (1)
                                 That's the whole point of it, isn't it? - (admin)
                     There's a story on K5 with more information. - (static)
         Was James his older brother? I never can remember. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (8)
             By definition, no. - (wharris2) - (5)
                 how many wives did Joseph have? -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                     Unknown but since he doesnt stick around..? -NT - (tseliot)
                     Multiple wives? - (wharris2) - (2)
                         widower? He is portayed as older - (boxley)
                         So why didn't they? - (tseliot)
             Re: Was James his older brother? I never can remember. - (willdev) - (1)
                 Step-Brothers - (orion)

Damn! Bloody %^@&^@ anal-retentive Geo Booleishness!
117 ms