IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Just as 9/11 was to you, this is a major event to us ...
150 dead, so if your population is 1/20 of the US i.e. about 15 million, then it is even numerically comparable.

What's the population of Australia?

To Ox: Doug's comment was merely a rhetorical way of stating his well-grounded disgust with us - we are so devious and self-aggrandizing that if we did stage a bombing, it would not surprise.

Of course, just because it is rhetoric, does not mean it didn't really happen. The sudden return from the dead of a US pilot sent a chill up my spine - another pretext for starting a war, like the one the Nazis used to march into the Sudetenland and Poland. Why am I, as a loyal and patriotic person, driven to compare my own govt to the most heinous regime ever? Because we are capable of it.

-drl
New Re: A good call

But, I am in no way disgusted with 'us' being you or box or other Americans- this
seems to be a misguided interpretation of my comments by Box? (& Marlowe, assuming it is human). I asked each of them to quote the offending remark but neither can because there wasn't one.

My remark, if read carefully can be seen clearly as an anti-terror statement but I do also say that I would not be surprised if the attack was a special ops exercise designed to bring Australia on side.

I know that few Americans I have met would do such a thing but as you quite rightly point out, I am wondering about just who did carry it out. Right at this time, the politics are such that Muslim extremeists who are not Balinese hindus, don't really have anything whatso ever to gain from such an attack. Discussing the attack from hard cold rationality is all I am seeking. Marlowe's pathetic diatribe is in no way purposeful other than to fill in white space on paper with black characters. I will debate any statement I make & will stand or fall by the rationality of my case.

Cheers

Doug
New Insufficient data at this time?
I understand your point that there is no apparant muslim political motive.
I am also quite aware that the US is not above using provocative agents.
It is my experience that surgeons are surgeons because they like to cut. Snipers like to shoot. There are those who just *like* blasts and mayhem. If they can get god, the homeland, motherhood, or some oil company to subsidize it, so much the better.
Our handling of 9/11 *should* have been based on investigation, and lawful handling of the perpetrators. As a nation, we have an attention span of a mayfly. So we fucked it up.
I would hope that this tradedy is handled better. As in finding out who did it and why and *then* dealing with them in a manner that would stop such persons from doing it again and seriously discourage further actions.
At the moment I don't see sufficient data to identify anybody except the victims.

Regards,
Hugh
     Indonesia: - bomb in Bali kills many Australians ... - (dmarker2) - (36)
         Re: Indonesia: - bomb in Bali kills over 100 (many Aussies) - (deSitter)
         check the french first - (boxley) - (6)
             Re: Just as 9/11 was to you, this is a major event to us ... - (dmarker2) - (5)
                 Re: Just as 9/11 was to you, this is a major event to us ... - (deSitter) - (2)
                     Re: A good call - (dmarker2) - (1)
                         Insufficient data at this time? - (hnick)
                 You're one to talk about glib and vague. - (marlowe) - (1)
                     Re: Another Marlowe 'hit-and-run' with no substance - (dmarker2)
         Yeah, everything's the Americans' fault somehow or other. - (marlowe) - (2)
             Re: Cut the blanket crap - deal with specifics - (dmarker2)
             Start bot; script to JingoBells boilerplate; send troll -NT - (Ashton)
         This event to you is the same as the world trade center for - (boxley) - (24)
             Re: I am upset aout the attack for many reasosn - (dmarker2) - (23)
                 Ditto. - (Brandioch) - (22)
                     Re: Ditto. - (deSitter) - (2)
                         Or.... - (Brandioch)
                         This totally inappropriate remark - (Ashton)
                     Disagree, - (a6l6e6x) - (18)
                         Yes it is, but they don't do "targets of opportunity". - (Brandioch) - (17)
                             Wasnt the German nightclub an one of theirs? -NT - (boxley) - (6)
                                 Re: Not that I ever read anywhere ... - (dmarker2) - (4)
                                     On covert ops in general. - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                                         Risk / benefit - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                             Risk / benefit analysis assumes intelligent direction - (mhuber) - (1)
                                                 Simple, intelligent aim: sow chaos. It worked. Works. -NT - (Ashton)
                                 Clarification? - (Brandioch)
                             Look at it from another angle. - (Andrew Grygus)
                             Au contraire. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                 Re: No, those attacks were aimed at their own govt - (dmarker2)
                             One more tidbit. - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
                                 Re: Guess what - Osama was right - Oz was ... - (dmarker2) - (5)
                                     Re: Guess what - Osama was right - Oz was ... - (TTC) - (4)
                                         How amusing - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                             Re: How amusing - (TTC) - (2)
                                                 I guessed some of that - (ben_tilly)
                                                 Hardly - (Ashton)

void main(int argc, char **argv) { printf("Hello, LRPD.\n"); }

141 ms