IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Minor OT does anyone know the life of a typeface patent?
Some older styles registered in the 1800's or later must be free game by now. Rendering is not that dificult is it?
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

qui mori didicit servire dedidicit
New Aren't they copyrighted or trademarked, not patented?
E.g. [link|http://www.carpetdoctor.com/stuff/legal_stuff_and_copyright_inform.htm|this] page of credits for some web page...

It seems that [link|http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/tac/tmfaq.htm#Application015|trademarks ] last indefinitely if renewed every 10 years. But IANAL.

Cheers,
Scott.
     Just the fonts Ma'am - (orion) - (61)
         Personally, I think the Linux community . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (60)
             But but but - (drewk) - (1)
                 All that I have to say to that... - (ben_tilly)
             Slightly different take on fonts... - (kmself)
             Re: Personally, I think the Linux community . . - (deSitter) - (22)
                 "Printing" cat foo >>/dev/lp (shrug) - (boxley)
                 Years ago, I had an O'Reilly Linux book . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (19)
                     for goodness saki - (boxley) - (3)
                         Ah! I see your point . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                             This is why... - (pwhysall)
                             huh! berkley he sez - (boxley)
                     Oh ho ho ho - (orion) - (14)
                         The word... - (pwhysall) - (6)
                             Now, now ... - (folkert) - (5)
                                 Are we all friends again? - (orion) - (4)
                                     OK! - (folkert) - (3)
                                         Humor, yeah! - (orion)
                                         Gives added meaning to the Apple billboard I saw yesterday . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                         can watch online - (SpiceWare)
                         Printserver -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
                         Let's address this. - (pwhysall) - (4)
                             well if you have never been under the hood of nix - (boxley) - (3)
                                 I'm not talking about that. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                     Oh forbid that - (orion) - (1)
                                         Froth and suds. - (static)
                         Very good suggestions... - (folkert)
                 And what, pray, does the "Linux Community" owe you? - (pwhysall)
             Re: Personally, I think the Linux community . . - (rickmoen) - (33)
                 Hey, you came up with the idea . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (31)
                     Gosh, Uncle Andrew, please explain this to us - (rickmoen) - (30)
                         Rick, he's agreeing with you - (drewk) - (29)
                             Re: Rick, he's agreeing with you - (rickmoen) - (28)
                                 Minor OT does anyone know the life of a typeface patent? - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Aren't they copyrighted or trademarked, not patented? - (Another Scott)
                                 Yup, that's just what he's talking about - (drewk) - (25)
                                     Re: Yup, that's just what he's talking about - (rickmoen) - (24)
                                         Yes, I got the satire - (drewk) - (23)
                                             Reality is not optional. -- Thomas Sowell - (rickmoen) - (13)
                                                 The source is available - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                     Fixed. - (admin) - (1)
                                                         Thankee - (ben_tilly)
                                                 Fine, bad example - (drewk) - (9)
                                                     You have no idea how bad an example - (rickmoen) - (8)
                                                         Re: You have no idea how bad an example - (drewk) - (7)
                                                             And so we wave a fond farewell - (rickmoen) - (6)
                                                                 Re: And so we wave a fond farewell -NT - (deSitter) - (5)
                                                                     He rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, didn't he? -NT - (static) - (4)
                                                                         Perspiring minds want to know: - (rickmoen) - (2)
                                                                             Naw... He's just jealous - (folkert)
                                                                             Do you really not know? I'm surprised. -NT - (static)
                                                                         Squeek doesnt bother me and sometimes even adds - (boxley)
                                             Reality is not optional. -- Thomas Sowell - (rickmoen)
                 Re: Personally, I think the Linux community . . - (deSitter)

Could be fun to watch if the chairs aren't bolted down.
92 ms