IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Like we haven't thought of that
Every order we've ever done is still live in both the operations and accounting databases. Have to be able to look up all account history for any customer at any time. So no, we can't recycle early numbers.
===
Microsoft offers them the one thing most business people will pay any price for - the ability to say "we had no choice - everyone's doing it that way." -- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=38978|Andrew Grygus]
New you mean you couldnt archive 1-5000
into an identical sysytem with a query the grabs order 101 from the archive and makes it 101A on the user screen and in any sets doing totals would differentiate from the "new" 101. I am sure you have all worked on this. What kind of DB is it?
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

qui mori didicit servire dedidicit
New Too many things would have to change
Every table that deals with order info uses ordernum as the foreign key. Every page that queries any of these tables would have to incorporate logic that says, "if it's less than 5000 then call it 5000a, unless you really mean 5000." And that would only buy us another couple of weeks anyway. Testing alone for the changes would take longer than that.

And that doesn't account for the fact that until we are completely off of the old system everything we do has to migrate to and from that system. Which is maintained by a contractor on an as-needed basis.

Any attempts to re-use low numbers amounts to trying to crash your plane in a valley instead of on a peak because you'll have a little while longer before you hit the ground. This plane is running on fumes, and we have to switch to the new plane before it hits the ground.
===
Microsoft offers them the one thing most business people will pay any price for - the ability to say "we had no choice - everyone's doing it that way." -- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=38978|Andrew Grygus]
     Build/Release/Promote Process - (jlalexander) - (27)
         Re: Build/Release/Promote Process - (admin) - (3)
             Procedures? Vee don't neet no steenkin' procedures! - (drewk)
             I'm in an extremely large and structured environment.... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                 Re: I'm in an extremely large and structured environment.... - (admin)
         build a usable process, get buy in and enforce it - (boxley) - (7)
             How do you do that in a small shop? - (drewk) - (6)
                 one person might do all 5 - (boxley) - (5)
                     Probably - (drewk) - (4)
                         well you could ]:-> - (boxley) - (3)
                             Like we haven't thought of that - (drewk) - (2)
                                 you mean you couldnt archive 1-5000 - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Too many things would have to change - (drewk)
         Re: Build/Release/Promote Process - (jlalexander)
         What Scott said - (tuberculosis) - (13)
             Re: What Scott said - (wharris2) - (2)
                 I've heard good things about MKS - (admin)
                 ClearCase - (tuberculosis)
             Re: What Scott said - (jlalexander) - (8)
                 What Scott said this time - (admin)
                 Try TKCVS - (drewk) - (5)
                     It's not the GUI he needs... - (admin) - (3)
                         Doh! - (drewk) - (2)
                             Re: Doh! - (jlalexander) - (1)
                                 I'm in the same fix - (tuberculosis)
                     Subversion - (tuberculosis)
                 Oh, and one other thing - (drewk)
             Visual Source Safe... - (ChrisR)

Not available in stores!
92 ms