IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yes I have kids. And you're 180 off.
"Don't touch that! It's Daddy's; Go Play in YOUR room; That's your sister's, put it back; This is Mommy and Daddy's room and these are OUR things, not yours; etc. ad nauseum. No, not exactly those words, but you get the idea.

A child is born w/out a sense of greed. We strove to prevent saying those types of things and it was not until my oldest started preschool that she coined her own word "mys" for private ownership. We hadn't used "mine, my, yours, ours, etc." in our discourse with her, but send her to preschool with a bunch of good capitalists and the first thing she learns is "mine". Swell.

Don't buy it? Take a 1 year old and show him/her a ball or doll or toy. They look at it, they play with it. Then what happens? They hand it to you. Sure, after a time, they reach out for it - THEY WANT YOU TO BE GENEROUS LIKE THEY ARE. THEY WANT YOU TO SHARE ALSO.

We do not teach them to share, they teach us. We teach them greed. And for arguably good reason - our nation is founded upon it.
New not in this house
my rule is if your not breaking it or killing youe sibling with it I wont say anything. They developed greed at about 2 and I am still working on the 10yo the 13yo gets it the 8 sort of gets it but the 4 is just like the 10 "Its mine" even if it originally belonged to someone else "Its mine now"
let me lookup some physc links it is early, practically from birth and has good reasoning from a specie survival viewpoint. The examples you gave are pretty typical of a white family though.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

qui mori didicit servire dedidicit
New Hard to eliminate bias.
At age 2 to 4 do they honestly "lose their sense of communal ownership" or is that the age at which most capitalist parents tire - (i.e. it's easier to say "don't touch... not yours" than it is to try to explain how item X could be broken and no one would then be able to enjoy it)? I think the latter, notwithstanding psych demogougary.

edit: replace 'day' w/ 'say'
Expand Edited by mmoffitt Sept. 15, 2002, 03:29:53 PM EDT
New I'll lookup some stuff and start a separate thread in open
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

qui mori didicit servire dedidicit
     beaurocracy killed the revolution and trotsky(typo) - (boxley) - (23)
         Concur. - (Ashton)
         A little more... - (screamer)
         There is one thing I will never understand. - (mmoffitt) - (14)
             ya gotta be able to connect to the proles - (boxley) - (2)
                 So many of them vote for an Oil Baron? - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                     whats lower than whale come lawyers and politicians - (boxley)
             Adlai and well before.. - (Ashton)
             May be able to shed a little light... - (screamer) - (9)
                 excellent short story, linked in reviews -NT - (boxley)
                 You just did it again. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                     Greed is inbred and must be unlearned - (boxley) - (6)
                         Partially true IMO - (Ashton) - (1)
                             wrong column but it is easier to stuff a camel etc - (boxley)
                         Yes I have kids. And you're 180 off. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                             not in this house - (boxley) - (2)
                                 Hard to eliminate bias. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                     I'll lookup some stuff and start a separate thread in open -NT - (boxley)
         video killed the radio star -NT - (bepatient) - (5)
             tell that to stern rush and bbtls -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                 Only reason they get away with it... - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                     Its not shock, in the case of bbtls - (boxley) - (2)
                         Who is bbtls -NT - (deSitter) - (1)
                             link provided to bbtls - (boxley)

Nog that noise.
83 ms