IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Depends what you think I was talking about :-)
We are already tapping geothermal energy.

I don't anticipate us any time soon seriously considering digging to the magma in Yellowstone so that we can bleed it off in a controlled manner.

Kind of the difference between sailing a toy sailboat and sailing around the world. :-)

Cheers,
Ben
"Career politicians are inherently untrustworthy; if it spends its life buzzing around the outhouse, it\ufffds probably a fly."
- [link|http://www.nationalinterest.org/issues/58/Mead.html|Walter Mead]
New hmm. they are "theoretically" working
on a space elevator and my gov of Alaska who I worked for has an active project to build a plastic pipe to ship fresh water from AK to CA and others are working on an AK to Siberia Chunnel we never know.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/Resume.html|skill set]
[link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/index.html|boxley's home page]
qui mori didicit servire dedidicit
New Lemme put it this way...
We have found from scientific boreholes that about 3-4 km down there is a layer of highly mineralized rock that would be excellent for ores.

We haven't figured out how to mine it in commercial volumes.

We think the top of the Yellowstone magma chamber is about 8 km down. And we would like to remove magma faster than we would want to mine that water, when magma is a much trickier substance to work with.

Yeah, I know about scientific progress and all. But some things take time.

Cheers,
Ben
"Career politicians are inherently untrustworthy; if it spends its life buzzing around the outhouse, it\ufffds probably a fly."
- [link|http://www.nationalinterest.org/issues/58/Mead.html|Walter Mead]
     STNG - (deSitter) - (34)
         Of course what this will mean for most of us is... - (ben_tilly) - (32)
             Re: Of course what this will mean for most of us is... - (deSitter) - (31)
                 Thanks for that link as well - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                     Re: Thanks for that link as well - (deSitter) - (1)
                         Yeeees, imaaaaaaaaaagine ... - (drewk)
                     if (font_size > NORMAL) sanity_test_required = true; // :) - (altmann) - (3)
                         Were we watching the same shows? - (drewk) - (2)
                             Throw on top of that... - (inthane-chan)
                             Yep. And I found transcripts of the shows. - (altmann)
                 Can't get to the Yellowstone link, but ... - (drewk) - (22)
                     Re: Can't get to the Yellowstone link, but ... - (deSitter) - (21)
                         Try this one - (Silverlock) - (20)
                             That's it, similar graphics to what was on the show -NT - (drewk)
                             Some day... - (ben_tilly) - (18)
                                 If you could bleed off the pressure.... - (Silverlock) - (5)
                                     Only problem - (drewk) - (4)
                                         Not as hard as it looks - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                             I love understatement - (drewk) - (1)
                                                 From your title... - (ben_tilly)
                                         Not a problem. - (Silverlock)
                                 Re: Some day... - (deSitter) - (11)
                                     Yes - (ben_tilly) - (10)
                                         Generations? - (wharris2) - (9)
                                             Depends what you think I was talking about :-) - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                 hmm. they are "theoretically" working - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     Lemme put it this way... - (ben_tilly)
                                             Battling the Bottle - (deSitter) - (5)
                                                 Come to terms? - (wharris2) - (4)
                                                     This is a good thing to know about yourself - (ben_tilly)
                                                     Re: Come to terms? - (deSitter) - (2)
                                                         Different from a physical condition - (boxley) - (1)
                                                             Personal habits - (wharris2)
                 Saw on PBS - (SpiceWare)
         Yep, I'm a trekkie - (SpiceWare)

Thank GOD you finished that sentence.
92 ms