IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New He Do!
A mandala! Precursor to the Final Diagram for homo-sap, reduced to all his machine-like processes (sans Awareness, natch) ?? I guess we do such stuff because.. Just as Art is done, because.. (or revealed to have been trapped in that slab of marble, just waiting to get out)

Whatever the motive, it seems a valid excursion in trying to present a humongous amount of factoids - maybe in the spirit of the famous graphics tour-de-force: showing the progress of Napoleon's Army to & from Moscow, shedding troops all the way. I have a copy of that lying about somewhere.

Yeah I did zoom into 64x; with the filenames I guess you could begin relating single lines of code to it-all. Not for the likes of me. I don't grok the itty-bitty Feynman-like diagrams:

Is it possible that there's a way to decipher each one so as to actually get some feel for what the CPU is doing as a consequence of that one file? If so then these little thingies are reminiscent of Gregg shorthand too! To understand such complexity, it seems to me that there's little need for the quantitative precision of 'many digits' - what you want is to grasp the movement.

Anyway - the scary part is that - maybe some refinement of this nascent stab at new notation might enable the likes of this mind and other unremarkable ones, to get a glimpse of the magic-level workings of a Non Neumann, say. Begin to dynamically juggle all that activity into some Dance of Shiva? (That may also be a fool's errand.)

How about it? Any chance that a dumbed-down graphical display could give a glimpse of [that which] the obsessed have grasped?

Ashton
Ever wondering what genius might feel like..
New How cool would that be?
Is it possible that there's a way to decipher each one so as to actually get some feel for what the CPU is doing as a consequence of that one file? If so then these little thingies are reminiscent of Gregg shorthand too! To understand such complexity, it seems to me that there's little need for the quantitative precision of 'many digits' - what you want is to grasp the movement.
Imagine a tool that started with this as a wireframe. Then when you launch a program, it hilights nodes and paths as they execute. Set a decay rate for the light, and you can identify bottlenecks in real time. Damn, that would be so cool, even just to watch.
===
Microsoft offers them the one thing most business people will pay any price for - the ability to say "we had no choice - everyone's doing it that way." -- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=38978|Andrew Grygus]
     Visual representation of Linux kernel - (marlowe) - (13)
         fbog -NT - (pwhysall)
         Ashton should like the zoomed views.... - (Another Scott) - (10)
             Re: Ashton should like the zoomed views.... - (deSitter) - (7)
                 Well, we can't all be BSD hackers. -NT - (marlowe)
                 According to the legend - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                     Re: According to the legend - (deSitter)
                 Re: Ashton should like the zoomed views.... - (pwhysall)
                 Time to piss... - (folkert) - (2)
                     Re: Time to piss... - (deSitter) - (1)
                         Thank you... - (folkert)
             He Do! - (Ashton) - (1)
                 How cool would that be? - (drewk)
         Some history - (ben_tilly)

Billion people harvest on Mars.
42 ms