IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 2 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Great quotes
Bill says, "Trust us -- we're going to change the world. Trust us -- we're laser-focused on preserving your privacy. Trust us -- we're making it easier to write .Net-aware apps."

But backstage it's a different message: Microsoft .NotYet. Trust us -- we're patenting the HailStorm schemas. Trust us -- but we're not rewriting our apps in .Net. Trust us -- we're locking you in with licenses for upgrades that will never happen because -- trust us -- we're going to change our minds.
Too bad that's too long for a sig.
How can we trust Microsoft with Palladium -- no matter how transparent or "open" the security model is -- when it enhances the ability of Jack Valenti to strip us of our right not to rebuy "Stairway to Heaven" for the 50th time this month?
Hmm, almost sig-worthy.
Stop explaining shifts in strategy by hiding behind customers' skirts. We're big boys and girls; tell us the truth: "We couldn't figure out how to monetize this, so we're going another way." Or "DRM is how we get the hardware guys to play ball, and there's no free lunch."
Yup, amazing this is InfoWorld.
===
Microsoft offers them the one thing most business people will pay any price for - the ability to say "we had no choice - everyone's doing it that way." -- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=38978|Andrew Grygus]
New Re: Great quotes - my choices ...
"So we did a bit of a reset," Gates winds up his mea culpa. Then, incredibly, he
introduces Jim Allchin to talk about TrustWorthy Computing. Jim's slides look
promising: "Customers won't adopt technologies, companies, or services they
don't trust," says one.

Oxymoron with emphasis on moron

Loved this article.

Cheers & thanks Ash

Doug
New Side note.
Office .next IS being written in .NET managed code.
There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
     .Nyet Insecurity Day___Linux desktop also mentioned. - (Ashton) - (6)
         Great quotes - (drewk) - (2)
             Re: Great quotes - my choices ... - (dmarker2)
             Side note. - (inthane-chan)
         Thanks, Ash! Nice links to a place I don't otherwise go. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Thanks Ashton. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             Not to get hopes up.. but, think I'll drop in more often - - (Ashton)

Ni!
86 ms