IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New .Nyet Insecurity Day___Linux desktop also mentioned.
at [link|http://www.infoworld.com/articles/op/xml/02/07/29/020729opcurve.xml| Infoword! ] yet.

Haven't been there in months. Surprised to see their (still crappy layout with massively wasted L, R margins) actually load like a normal site, almost as if supplier #4? 6? managed to test it first..

Dunno Gillmor, but here he appears to trust B n'B about as much as any old ABMer. The tone of this article ain't the NT is the Wave of the Future mantra of yesteryear - even tho there's a Lot of the same old "pre-reviews of this week's latest M$ Big Plans" elsewhere. While in-bed with Billy, could they have recently erected a *bundling board ?

* for those not immersed in US Puritan history: a board placed to divide a bed into two er sleeping areas - so that a visitor might share the bed with even Missy, somewhat chastely.

And then there's [link|http://www.infoworld.com/articles/op/xml/02/05/06/020506opsource.xml| Russell Pavlicek ] an actual Linux Evangelist! dispelling some myths about Linux on the desktop.. in this very same former? Wag-Edd Reprint Service.

What's Happening to our former Rag !? Schizophree nee <--?-->

Ashton
Expand Edited by Missing User 70 July 31, 2002, 04:34:32 AM EDT
New Great quotes
Bill says, "Trust us -- we're going to change the world. Trust us -- we're laser-focused on preserving your privacy. Trust us -- we're making it easier to write .Net-aware apps."

But backstage it's a different message: Microsoft .NotYet. Trust us -- we're patenting the HailStorm schemas. Trust us -- but we're not rewriting our apps in .Net. Trust us -- we're locking you in with licenses for upgrades that will never happen because -- trust us -- we're going to change our minds.
Too bad that's too long for a sig.
How can we trust Microsoft with Palladium -- no matter how transparent or "open" the security model is -- when it enhances the ability of Jack Valenti to strip us of our right not to rebuy "Stairway to Heaven" for the 50th time this month?
Hmm, almost sig-worthy.
Stop explaining shifts in strategy by hiding behind customers' skirts. We're big boys and girls; tell us the truth: "We couldn't figure out how to monetize this, so we're going another way." Or "DRM is how we get the hardware guys to play ball, and there's no free lunch."
Yup, amazing this is InfoWorld.
===
Microsoft offers them the one thing most business people will pay any price for - the ability to say "we had no choice - everyone's doing it that way." -- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=38978|Andrew Grygus]
New Re: Great quotes - my choices ...
"So we did a bit of a reset," Gates winds up his mea culpa. Then, incredibly, he
introduces Jim Allchin to talk about TrustWorthy Computing. Jim's slides look
promising: "Customers won't adopt technologies, companies, or services they
don't trust," says one.

Oxymoron with emphasis on moron

Loved this article.

Cheers & thanks Ash

Doug
New Side note.
Office .next IS being written in .NET managed code.
There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
New Thanks, Ash! Nice links to a place I don't otherwise go.
Alex

"Television: chewing gum for the eyes." -- Frank Lloyd Wright
New Thanks Ashton.
Could it be that some one over there accidentally leaned against the Clue Tree and got hit with a falling branch?
New Not to get hopes up.. but, think I'll drop in more often -
See how long the Linux evangelist gets to hang out. See if the Wag-Edd press releases (suitably moved around) begin to decline or have their flesh ripped by open-piranhas.

I mean.. do we even know anyone on staff there, anymore? (I dunno the story of Nick's departure. Dhyanna is long gone IIRC). BUT - Bob Lewis abides! and he at least had the courage to debate. I respect him despite! the IT ~~ McDonalds cockup :-) Didn't think to see if Ed Foster remains - he never sold out either.

Anyway.. lots of lovely bits in the above, to spice up any chance encounters with .nyet evangelists seen at the Yugo dealership, with those green eyeshades..

Ashton
Still, when I see Lead With Knowledge I think Plumbum, Pb, Element At. No. 82: the stuff balloons are made of.. THEN it makes sense.
     .Nyet Insecurity Day___Linux desktop also mentioned. - (Ashton) - (6)
         Great quotes - (drewk) - (2)
             Re: Great quotes - my choices ... - (dmarker2)
             Side note. - (inthane-chan)
         Thanks, Ash! Nice links to a place I don't otherwise go. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Thanks Ashton. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             Not to get hopes up.. but, think I'll drop in more often - - (Ashton)

Mother Hubbard got me covered, like Sarah Lee on her cherry pie.
93 ms