IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Long Distance Carriers in trouble?
AT&T losing 27B? They're the only business in town, everyone has to deal with them. They go bankrupt, Congress gets off its collective ass and votes some sort of sweet tax reduction or something.
Famous last RPG quotes: "I'll just shoot this fireball down the dungeon passageway..."
New Truth be told
the whole phone system needs a major overhaul. AT&T had planned fiber optic cable in everyone's house before the 21st century, but that was before the breakup and they don't have the resources to do it. It would have been sweet, to have better voice and faster data over a new phone system. But oh well, instead we have the 10-10 numbers and Nickel Sundays and companies called "KT&T" or "I don't know" or "I don't care" run out of some guy's basement so that when someone makes a collect call from an Airport and the operator asks "What long distance company do you want to use?" they can use "I don't know" or the "I don't care" phone company if they answer like that.

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
     Long Distance Carriers in trouble? - (orion) - (34)
         Re: Long Distance Carriers in trouble? - (wharris2) - (1)
             Truth be told - (orion)
         LD telecoms - (boxley) - (31)
             What's killing technology and telecom... - (gdaustin) - (30)
                 Not sure I agree with all of it - (tuberculosis) - (29)
                     Ulterior motive. - (inthane-chan)
                     Why Telcos Can't Make a Profit - (gdaustin) - (27)
                         More reasons - (JayMehaffey) - (22)
                             The best that they can do - (orion)
                             softswitched with class 5 features - (boxley) - (20)
                                 How many companies need a Class 5 phone switch? - (gdaustin) - (19)
                                     This reminds me of a book I need to post in Reviews... - (ben_tilly)
                                     I don't think it's that simple. - (static) - (16)
                                         It *IS* that simple - (ben_tilly) - (15)
                                             Peter Principle in hardware? - (Ashton)
                                             LRPD: Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of science?:\ufffd -NT - (Ashton)
                                             Unstated assumptions. - (Brandioch) - (12)
                                                 It is not about complaining - (ben_tilly) - (11)
                                                     Understand that nothing goes on forever. - (Brandioch) - (10)
                                                         Of course we have real-world examples - (ben_tilly) - (9)
                                                             How many weight lifters win the 100m dash? - (Brandioch) - (7)
                                                                 Do you ever stop thinking that you have all of the answers? - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                                                     Uh... Do *you*?!? - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                                                         Yes - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                                             Hmmyeah... Could be I forgot; sorry. -NT - (CRConrad)
                                                                             There's a Somerset Maugham story.. - (Ashton)
                                                                 A better example might be Polaroid. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                     The chapter was written in the late 90's - (ben_tilly)
                                                             Re: Of course we have real-world examples - (deSitter)
                                     Siemens HiPath - (boxley)
                         Re: Why Telcos Can't Make a Profit - (Arkadiy) - (3)
                             Costs... - (gdaustin) - (2)
                                 I see similarities here. - (static)
                                 That's why I'm paying $70/mo for DSL - (tonytib)

I used to use rot-13, but I decided I needed something at least twice as strong. So now I use rot-26 to encode all of my transmissions.
114 ms