IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Point being, Denmark has an ever better argument than that.
Sure, most people in Denmark do their own dust sucking[*]... But so, I'm fairly sure, do most Americans -- they don't all live like McArdle. (Like, for instance, does she think the people who do hers have someone else to do theirs for them?!?) And, heck, there are even some people in Denmarkistan who do have others vacuum for them. Just like in the People's Republic of Britain, and even the Swedish and Finnish SSRs. So even the point where she presumes America to be superior is just plain bullshit.

---

[*]: Though sadly perhaps not all with an Electrolux, or even a Nilfisk, any more.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New "Nothing sucks like Electrolux"
Legendary failed advertising by Electrolux in USA - I have no idea whatever whether this actually happened or if it's just a legend - but it's one of those things that should have happened even if it didn't.
New Like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZrQqnRhmZ0

If nothing else, it does seem they used the tag line in the UK market.
New Remember when Microsoft tried to make a mouse?
Review at the time: Microsoft won't make anything that doesn't suck until they make a vacuum cleaner.
--

Drew
New They made the Intellimouse Explorer, which at the time was the GOAT mouse.
New "I got bettah"
--

Drew
New TBH they’ve never made a *bad* mouse
They’ve made a lot of very boring business mice, but their mice have always been at least usable.

Apple, OTOH...

...yeah. That.
New While I agree that was actually good hardware
The best possible mouse wasn't a mouse. It was the Kensington expert mouse trackball. That thing is incredible. It's like the old centipede trackball. Rock solid.

I could twitch my thumb to have a slight press and make it fly across the screen and then catch it with my pinky while simultaneously clicking with my thumb as it traveled over the icon I wanted. Then I'd flick my pinky back and drop it exactly where it needed to be.

Years of mouse usage destroyed my ulnar tunnel. It's kind of like carpal tunnel but a different pathway. I could not use a mouse and found out that many people who use mouse hardware end up like me. But after 2 weeks of using the trackball, my arm stopped hurting and my productivity multiplied immensely.

I strongly suggest that all people try the Kensington expert mouse if they currently use a mouse.
New If I were a hardware guy ...
I've always wanted to find a control panel for a scrapped Missile Command arcade game and turn it into a computer trackball.
--

Drew
New At the risk of derailing CRC’s thread...
...actually I’ll make a fresh one.
     Cerebrovascular adventures. - (CRConrad) - (33)
         So, two things ... - (drook) - (18)
             Well... - (CRConrad) - (17)
                 I have managed to avoid a stroke so far and Ma is senile but at 92 still sucking air - (boxley)
                 Let’s keep things in perspective - (rcareaga) - (15)
                     Yeah, I'm trapped between the Scylla and Charybdis of rage and despair at the bill I received... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                         The spousette and I… - (rcareaga) - (1)
                             Well, I *have* had my struggles with the oppressive bureaucracy... - (CRConrad)
                     I'm not saying she's out of touch, but she clearly has a better view of the siding than the drywall -NT - (drook)
                     Denmark be like: - (pwhysall) - (10)
                         Point being, Denmark has an ever better argument than that. - (CRConrad) - (9)
                             "Nothing sucks like Electrolux" - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
                                 Like this? - (scoenye)
                                 Remember when Microsoft tried to make a mouse? - (drook) - (6)
                                     They made the Intellimouse Explorer, which at the time was the GOAT mouse. -NT - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                         "I got bettah" -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                             TBH they’ve never made a *bad* mouse - (pwhysall)
                                         While I agree that was actually good hardware - (crazy) - (2)
                                             If I were a hardware guy ... - (drook)
                                             At the risk of derailing CRC’s thread... - (pwhysall)
         Now that's a stroke story - (crazy)
         Try hard to not have strokes repeated! - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
             Don't worry about me, and all the best to your wife! - (CRConrad) - (1)
                 Thanks for your thoughts! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
             Ick! Here's hoping the retraining does progress swiftly! -NT - (scoenye) - (1)
                 Thanks, but so far it's a slow process. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
             Good advice! - (Another Scott)
         I remembered,when it came up in conversation... - (CRConrad) - (5)
             Arttu Deettu? - (malraux) - (4)
                 Re: Arttu Deettu? - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     "Östra rikshalvan", ~"the Eastern half of the realm", is what I use. -NT - (CRConrad)
                 And the chick who drove was Siitri Piio. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     Re: And the chick who drove was Siitri Piio. - (malraux)
         Zooks! - (Another Scott)

I'm gonna break him like a wedding vow on the Jerry Springer Show.
266 ms