IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Don't worry about me, and all the best to your wife!
I'm all set up for meds, thanks to HYKS/HUCS. Been taking pills (“anti-clotting”, I think, not “thinning” per se) since at least Wednesday morning, probably last Tuesday evening. Fuck knows if that wasn't what was in that drip the young ambulance guy hooked me up with. So no worries.

Sad to hear about your wife. Yeah, it sucks to have a “real” stroke (as opposed to my tiny one), but it's not hopeless. Both my mother-in-law and my own mother (born a week before Pearl Harbor) had strokes – my Mom, two or three – and they came back in pretty much all ways that count. Fingers crossed that your wife will too.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New Thanks for your thoughts!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     Cerebrovascular adventures. - (CRConrad) - (33)
         So, two things ... - (drook) - (18)
             Well... - (CRConrad) - (17)
                 I have managed to avoid a stroke so far and Ma is senile but at 92 still sucking air - (boxley)
                 Let’s keep things in perspective - (rcareaga) - (15)
                     Yeah, I'm trapped between the Scylla and Charybdis of rage and despair at the bill I received... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                         The spousette and I… - (rcareaga) - (1)
                             Well, I *have* had my struggles with the oppressive bureaucracy... - (CRConrad)
                     I'm not saying she's out of touch, but she clearly has a better view of the siding than the drywall -NT - (drook)
                     Denmark be like: - (pwhysall) - (10)
                         Point being, Denmark has an ever better argument than that. - (CRConrad) - (9)
                             "Nothing sucks like Electrolux" - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
                                 Like this? - (scoenye)
                                 Remember when Microsoft tried to make a mouse? - (drook) - (6)
                                     They made the Intellimouse Explorer, which at the time was the GOAT mouse. -NT - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                         "I got bettah" -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                             TBH they’ve never made a *bad* mouse - (pwhysall)
                                         While I agree that was actually good hardware - (crazy) - (2)
                                             If I were a hardware guy ... - (drook)
                                             At the risk of derailing CRC’s thread... - (pwhysall)
         Now that's a stroke story - (crazy)
         Try hard to not have strokes repeated! - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
             Don't worry about me, and all the best to your wife! - (CRConrad) - (1)
                 Thanks for your thoughts! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
             Ick! Here's hoping the retraining does progress swiftly! -NT - (scoenye) - (1)
                 Thanks, but so far it's a slow process. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
             Good advice! - (Another Scott)
         I remembered,when it came up in conversation... - (CRConrad) - (5)
             Arttu Deettu? - (malraux) - (4)
                 Re: Arttu Deettu? - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     "Östra rikshalvan", ~"the Eastern half of the realm", is what I use. -NT - (CRConrad)
                 And the chick who drove was Siitri Piio. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     Re: And the chick who drove was Siitri Piio. - (malraux)
         Zooks! - (Another Scott)

...and the President was unfortunately subjected to public opinion.
120 ms