IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yeah, I'm trapped between the Scylla and Charybdis of rage and despair at the bill I received...
...in the mail the other day, from the City of Helsinki: Ambulance transport, 25 €. How dare they bill me that much! How am I going to survive?

I mean, sure, I wouldn't be surprised if I get one from HUCS too. Considering I spent, les'see, five nights there and had about a gazillion meals (four a day), it could even be several hundred bucks. Like, not just two but three hundred or something, Idunno. But, heh, compared to you guys... Well, good to know that at least nobody Over There has to vacuum their own house or anything.

Yeah, I think I've read a column or three by that McArdle creature; can't recall when and where. Just goes to show that everything turns to shit sooner or later, even the WaPo.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New The spousette and I…
have thus far not been ruined by her medical expenses, but we are outliers in the Land of the Free (to perish) here in God’s Own Country, where the sick and dying are lawful prey of the rentier class.

I grieve to learn that you are so oppressed by the tyranny of the Scandinavian welfare state culture. My hopes and prayers that your land can someday embrace America’s for-profit scheme, so that you can give over to the shareholders appropriate fractions of your income. After all, the plutocrats’ private helicopter pads don’t pay for themselves!

cordially,
New Well, I *have* had my struggles with the oppressive bureaucracy...
...though not that of the tyrannical librul-pinko-commie-bastard state, but HR. Of my transatlantic employer. No, you don't report sick leave like this on the "Report Sick Leave" page of the HR sub-intranet; if it's this long you open a separate ticket (or "Case") for it. And no, the screenshot of the doctor's official certificate of "Unable to work due to illness" that I took from the Social Security Authority's (a previous employer's) web site is no good; they want it "on paper". Though in this electronic day and age a phone snapshot of the printout of the exact same information that I was given on discharge from the hospital is just as good, of course. Biiig diff from a screenshot of a Web page... (Well yeah, actually: The screenshot was much more legible.) Just for spite, I copied the same thing as text -- again, from the SSA Web page -- into that second e-mail.

And I must have misremembered the length of my sick leave back five years ago: Your employer apparently only pays the first four weeks, then it's the tyrannical librul-pinko-commie-bastard state, i.e. the SSA again. Can't recall applying for that back then. But maybe I did, and just forgot. Or missed it completely, so I'm out a grand or so, who knows. Anyway, I foresee it being less of a struggle than what I've had so far.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
     Cerebrovascular adventures. - (CRConrad) - (33)
         So, two things ... - (drook) - (18)
             Well... - (CRConrad) - (17)
                 I have managed to avoid a stroke so far and Ma is senile but at 92 still sucking air - (boxley)
                 Let’s keep things in perspective - (rcareaga) - (15)
                     Yeah, I'm trapped between the Scylla and Charybdis of rage and despair at the bill I received... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                         The spousette and I… - (rcareaga) - (1)
                             Well, I *have* had my struggles with the oppressive bureaucracy... - (CRConrad)
                     I'm not saying she's out of touch, but she clearly has a better view of the siding than the drywall -NT - (drook)
                     Denmark be like: - (pwhysall) - (10)
                         Point being, Denmark has an ever better argument than that. - (CRConrad) - (9)
                             "Nothing sucks like Electrolux" - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
                                 Like this? - (scoenye)
                                 Remember when Microsoft tried to make a mouse? - (drook) - (6)
                                     They made the Intellimouse Explorer, which at the time was the GOAT mouse. -NT - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                         "I got bettah" -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                             TBH they’ve never made a *bad* mouse - (pwhysall)
                                         While I agree that was actually good hardware - (crazy) - (2)
                                             If I were a hardware guy ... - (drook)
                                             At the risk of derailing CRC’s thread... - (pwhysall)
         Now that's a stroke story - (crazy)
         Try hard to not have strokes repeated! - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
             Don't worry about me, and all the best to your wife! - (CRConrad) - (1)
                 Thanks for your thoughts! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
             Ick! Here's hoping the retraining does progress swiftly! -NT - (scoenye) - (1)
                 Thanks, but so far it's a slow process. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
             Good advice! - (Another Scott)
         I remembered,when it came up in conversation... - (CRConrad) - (5)
             Arttu Deettu? - (malraux) - (4)
                 Re: Arttu Deettu? - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     "Östra rikshalvan", ~"the Eastern half of the realm", is what I use. -NT - (CRConrad)
                 And the chick who drove was Siitri Piio. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     Re: And the chick who drove was Siitri Piio. - (malraux)
         Zooks! - (Another Scott)

Damn! Bloody %^@&^@ anal-retentive Geo Booleishness!
54 ms