When you have to drive all the time to a job and fight traffic and rush, rush, rush and then almost die, driving is the most stressful experience in the world.

You remember when you were a kid and you first got your license and it was all so exciting and new? And then over the years that fades away into god damn it, I have to drive again. I'm back to it being exciting and new.

I drove through the beautiful mountains and stunning ocean view to town to a doctor's appointment. All fine. I weaned myself off the tramadol a few weeks ago. I cut out the muscle relaxants a month ago. I smoke far less pot, down to two or three hits a day, then I used to, and never before stepping into the car. I stopped by the bank to handle some business.

I found this wonderful used store that is not affiliated with any of the Nationals. So all the local house clean outs end up here and don't get shipped away. Row after row of variety of electrical tools and well sorted drawers of blades and drill bits and hand tools. All at a quite reasonable price. How did I miss this place?

I walked for at least 2 hours and barely a twinge in my feet, certainly not qualifying for any medication.

But I picked up 20 lb in the last 3 months while sitting on my ass and doing nothing. So now I have to diet and exercise again. Oh well.