I bought, from a seller on Amazon, a USB floppy drive (to retrieve one shit low-res JPEG off a single floppy disc) for £6. It didn't work. Turns out that the specific drive in question just doesn't work with Windows 10 - something to do with an iffy USB device ID that Windows 7 and earlier was happy to let slide.

The device was listed as being compatible with Windows 10. I posted a one-star review saying that if one lists a device as working with Windows 10, it had better damn work with Windows 10, and started looking for another device.

The vendor was falling-over-themselves apologetic - offering a refund or a replacement drive. I opted for the replacement as retrieval of the contents of the disc was a priority task, on the understanding that my computer runs Windows 10, and this drive absolutely 100% needs to work on Windows 10. Replacement drive was sent, and lo, it did indeed work.

And then the pleading began. Please change your review. After all we sent you a working drive! Oh, go on. 1 star reviews are bad for us. Pleeeeeeeease change your review. And so on, and so forth, and et cetera.

Did I change my review?

Did I, fuck.