IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Probably fake.
Configured to report 2TB but copied data will either be corrupted or just copy over the same areas repeatedly. There's a decent chance it's filled with malware too.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Re: Probably fake.
I’ll let you know. I reformatted the thing for Mac use, will fill it up with VIDEO_TS files and see how it works out.

cordially,
New Re: Probably fake.
I appear to have been had. Fifteen dollars i’ll never have back again.

Sob!

Shit.

credulously,
Expand Edited by rcareaga Dec. 22, 2018, 11:47:02 PM EST
New So ok what did the OS actually claim it had
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Re: So ok what did the OS actually claim it had
The OS claims 2TB. The OS also informs me that it is unable to write a 10K text file to the device.

A relatively inexpensive reminder that a spot of due diligence is always sound practice, and that if it’s too good to be true it is probably neither true nor good.

cordially,
New Tell eBay.
I hear they don't like people selling fraudulent product.

Wade.
New Are they better than Amazon?
Because they don't seem to care.
--

Drew
New Dunno. Never had to do it.
But they do encourage people to report shonky products. One problem with this is the whack-a-mole effect as banned sellers can just open another account.

But also report 1 star on the feedback. That _will_ get the sellers attention as many live in deathly fear of less-than-perfect feedback. You can tell because of how many listings ask you to rate them 5 stars or contact them first to sort out any problems if you don't want to give them 5 stars.

Wade.
Expand Edited by static Dec. 25, 2018, 02:42:20 AM EST
New No kidding.
I bought, from a seller on Amazon, a USB floppy drive (to retrieve one shit low-res JPEG off a single floppy disc) for £6. It didn't work. Turns out that the specific drive in question just doesn't work with Windows 10 - something to do with an iffy USB device ID that Windows 7 and earlier was happy to let slide.

The device was listed as being compatible with Windows 10. I posted a one-star review saying that if one lists a device as working with Windows 10, it had better damn work with Windows 10, and started looking for another device.

The vendor was falling-over-themselves apologetic - offering a refund or a replacement drive. I opted for the replacement as retrieval of the contents of the disc was a priority task, on the understanding that my computer runs Windows 10, and this drive absolutely 100% needs to work on Windows 10. Replacement drive was sent, and lo, it did indeed work.

And then the pleading began. Please change your review. After all we sent you a working drive! Oh, go on. 1 star reviews are bad for us. Pleeeeeeeease change your review. And so on, and so forth, and et cetera.

Did I change my review?

Did I, fuck.
     Storage - (rcareaga) - (17)
         nice -NT - (boxley)
         2 *T*b? Where did you get that? - (drook) - (2)
             Re: 2 *T*b? Where did you get that? - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 Holy ****! - (drook)
         Hard to believe! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Odds are it's fake. - (static) - (1)
             Remember Gibson/'SpinRite'™ ? Wonder how long it'd take to check - (Ashton)
         Probably fake. - (malraux) - (8)
             Re: Probably fake. - (rcareaga) - (7)
                 Re: Probably fake. - (rcareaga) - (2)
                     So ok what did the OS actually claim it had -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                         Re: So ok what did the OS actually claim it had - (rcareaga)
                 Tell eBay. - (static) - (3)
                     Are they better than Amazon? - (drook) - (2)
                         Dunno. Never had to do it. - (static) - (1)
                             No kidding. - (pwhysall)
         I'd still like to view whatever be your Heads-Up to Ebayatron.. - (Ashton)

The story is true.
70 ms