--

Drew
New timing seems rather pat, other than that no
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New explain
--

Drew
New panel 17
I started the car & by habit, turned on the radio just in time to hear about Trump’s “shithole” remarks. I cringed.

tryng to link the 2 events seemed "pat" to me.

Also, I do not know which courthouse he was in, probably south georgia. I am very familiar with the courthouses in Atlanta and northern georgia.

Unless you are a family member or credentialed historian you are not getting copies of death certificates without a judges sayso.

Also in all of the courthouses that I have been in there is a glass barrier between the public and any courthouse funtion. Kind of hard to have coversations and here responses by shouting theru the little speaker thingy's but again I do not know what courthouse he is in so cannot speak to that.

Is there people in Georgia who act just like the white folks he is describing. Absolutely, I know some of them.
New 'seemed pat"
So then, you don't See any possibility that a cued Dog-whistle from the Liar-in-Chief could..? easily...(??) trigger the mentioned torture-vengeance-feel-good-about-it-all MINDSET
--> into Action? Whenever he wishes to drop-the-atom-bomb-on-Luxembourg (an old cliche) or.. any other ding-bat fantasy as enters his oft-running-on-Empty brain pan.

Izzat ~ the size of your umm, reservations about the validity, truthiness of the Narration?
Or is there something rilly sub-tull I be missing?
New not the content, that is very beleivable, the setting and timing
New At root, this is what is demonstrated..
{IMhO natch} via one 'Michael':

Just as in Europe during the 1930s and 1940s, the USA could easily have one third of the country wipe out another third while a third shakes their head amd watches it happen.

..as encompasses the passivity, the fecklessness and the easy-distraction of the Murican vox populi whom I have lived-within all along.
(What do you REALLY expect from a "nation" largely descended from Slavers(and hypocrites) re any lofty protestations about "The Rule of Law"? ..that too having been reduced to mere convenient cha/. cha. cha. Increasingly. We've all seen the stats re just Who? fills the hypocrisy-Prison-Complex.
Ad nauseum (apparently nausea is today also a frequent companion to the Over-dosers of every stripe.) Is that a qed or a feature?

Drumpf merely demonstrates that--while possessing little knowledge/even less interest in acquiring any--a Carney bloviator CAN rise to the Top
of the roiling Masses/Tribes, thence --> Mobs-in-Mindless-Action.

It's today so close ..a one can Taste that metallic-addition to the saliva ..as so often is a harbinger -->
New we have done that three times before. I could envision a 4rd time
New Read and disagree with at least one of the comments.
Mary Lou George writes:
I'm Canadian. I don not believe #Trump the America I know. Americans champion the underdog and believe in social justice. This illegitimate admin has awakened a great people. #TheResistance2018 will prevail.

Chet Powell responds:
Thanks, Mary Lou. You're right. He doesn't.

I can forgive Mary Lou for being misinformed. This administration most definitely is legitimate. Moreover, it may well represent American sentiment far more accurately than any administration in the nation's history. To be sure, there are intelligent, decent people in the United States. But, as Adlai responded to a young supporter who had claimed every thinking person would be voting for him responded, "That's not enough. I need a majority."

I make no claim that the majority of Americans are the vile sort that Drumpf represents, but there is a sizable minority that is just that bad (roughly 2 in 5 of us at least). Then there are those countless others who won't admit to being that way in polite company, which makes them arguably worse.

Anyone looking for a "wave of humanity" to suddenly wash out the vileness of our culture will be sorely disappointed.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
     Read this. - (Another Scott) - (10)
         sounds like an intro to his new book - (boxley) - (6)
             Any reason to think it didn't? -NT - (drook) - (5)
                 timing seems rather pat, other than that no -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                     explain -NT - (drook) - (3)
                         panel 17 - (boxley) - (2)
                             'seemed pat" - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 not the content, that is very beleivable, the setting and timing -NT - (boxley)
         At root, this is what is demonstrated.. - (Ashton) - (1)
             we have done that three times before. I could envision a 4rd time -NT - (boxley)
         Read and disagree with at least one of the comments. - (mmoffitt)

None more embeddeder, I'd say.
77 ms