IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I thought I was finally going to have to buy one this week-end.
The Nexus 4 has been acting up a lot, but nothing like this week-end. I moved my oldest from our cabin next door to Northern Iowa with a 26 foot UHaul truck this week-end. Once I got into Iowa, Google Navigation treated me to five hours of "take 207th street, continue for 6 miles, turn right on to something street, continue for four miles, turn right on to something else street, continue for 11 miles, etc. sic nauseum). Incredibly, some of these "streets" I was told to take were dirt roads in horrible condition! Around midnight, Google navigation said, "In two miles..." and then nothing. I look down at the phone and it's rebooting. And it continues to reboot for the next 10 minutes. I have no idea where I am. I stop. Power off, Power on and ... continuing to boot for another 10 minutes. Happily I had someone following me with a Nexus 6P that didn't hork up and we made it to our destination.

I'd decided I was going to get a new 32G iPhone ($400) when the Nexus finally died and this looked like the time. I left the Nexus plugged in overnight and when i woke, the little colored dots were still swirling (still rebooting IOW). I futzed with it for a few hours and finally got it back, so the SE can wait.

Having had to set up MobileIron for our iPhone deployment (and thus having had to become at least passingly familiar with Apple phones), once I do switch to iOS, there's nothing I can ever imagine that will make me ever use an Android phone again.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Sounds like the "bootloop" problem.
Apparently it's pathological in some phones (and is caused by failing solder bumps for the microprocessor chip). Whenever an LG phone is talked about at AndroidPolice, someone always gripes about "bootloops"...

My Nexus 4 would shut off and have trouble rebooting if it got too hot, and naturally it got too hot when it was being used for Google Maps while plugged in. :-/ It always heated up while just charging, also too.

Until you replace it, try to keep it cool, unplug it when it's fully charged, and try not to run it for hours on GMaps, is the only advice I can give.

Be aware that the SE isn't water resistant. Only the 7 and 7 Plus are among the current iOS phones.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Thanks for the info.
You too, good luck. I really liked the SE and that's saying something because I don't go in much for gadgets. ;0)
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
     So, J's Verizon iPhone 5S got wet... - (Another Scott) - (13)
         Got the model numbers figured out... - (Another Scott) - (12)
             If you can wait, do. - (pwhysall)
             "Those Bastards!!" - (Another Scott) - (10)
                 If you're willing to go back to a Verizon (3G max) iPhone 4, I'll *give* you one. - (a6l6e6x) - (9)
                     Thanks. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                         I thought I was finally going to have to buy one this week-end. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                             Sounds like the "bootloop" problem. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 Thanks for the info. - (mmoffitt)
                         Got a new iPhone SE 32 GB at the local Apple store tonight. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                             Good deal. You can't beat an SE imo. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                             That should work fo her! - (a6l6e6x)
                             As noted previously, - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 :-) Glad it's treating you well. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)

Live long and prosper.
87 ms