IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Do not read our Bill of Rights to understand us.
The Amendments you cite were written a very, very long time ago by a very, very different sort of Americans. I doubt seriously the Bill of Rights would pass today. Consider this, for example.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New ¡Precísamente! Señor..
I believe it (has become) Obvious that the Bill of Rights is, to too-Fucking-many: deemed to be some pinko-commyunist-derived Error on the part of the FF's (er.. founding fathers.)

Proof? por moi ... simply: My Gramma™, an otherwise intelligent Reporter (before 'journalist' was ever a meme.) She, a Bircher, exemplifies the flyover mentality to a fare-thee-unwell.
(Racist? of course; facile unsorted-eclectic 'memory'? Of Course. Etc.)

Then there's the intellectual-resentment (cf. Alex's perfect-sig.) I shudder upon realizing that--even moi--as callow-yout had early-on grokked that: my 'Civics' courses were pure fantasy
/along with that everlasting-BS of Murican Exceptionalism. We ARE the Enemy-to-all higher=principles i.e. to Ourselves.

Billions of words that would frost the balls of Stuart Chase [The Tyranny of Words guy] ... are the pabulum which attended every tyke's Intro-to-Murica, from the cradle on.

Rest Case; we're right on the Tipping-point of (almost-literally in cases like Ann Coulter et al) Throwing Out The Baby with the Bathwater. :-/
Glad I won't live to see THIS denouement as Murican-Ugliness is legendary in its vituperative/shadenfreude-possessed Awfulness.

Meanwhile, a DRUMPF *HAS!!* the nuclear Football (what a lovely euphemism in a kultur which has ONLY euphemisms in answer to ..all the Great Questions of consciousness.)
Psychotoic-psyches are the Creatures of such double-think mindlessness: Look Around.

Carrion: it's US

Ed: 2 oTpy
Expand Edited by Ashton July 18, 2017, 05:17:04 PM EDT
New As confirmed recently when another work of those long-ago Americans was tweeted at their descendants
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New Thanks! I'd missed that. Now, to laugh? Or to weep?
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
     The American Dichotomy - (pwhysall) - (14)
         My theory: everyone thinks they can be rich - (drook) - (2)
             Well said. Also... - (Another Scott)
             Concur entirely on that title. - (Ashton)
         Do not read our Bill of Rights to understand us. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
             ¡Precísamente! Señor.. - (Ashton)
             As confirmed recently when another work of those long-ago Americans was tweeted at their descendants - (CRConrad) - (1)
                 Thanks! I'd missed that. Now, to laugh? Or to weep? -NT - (mmoffitt)
         The Britsh Dichotomy - (boxley) - (6)
             Different relationship to the State - (pwhysall) - (5)
                 I think humans are generally hard-wired for deference to / need for authority - (drook) - (4)
                     Not all of us - (crazy) - (3)
                         Do people really believe that? - (drook) - (2)
                             I was lookin for a job when I found this one - (boxley) - (1)
                                 Well, now we know about you. -NT - (malraux)

Debian is Sex.
47 ms