IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What a strange thread to reappear in...
Howdy, stranger!

Cheers,
Scott.
New It has its own logic.
It was the forum with the smallest number of unread posts.

In the mean time, I've also finished the "Rand's Bitching about BDS" (formerly known as "Stupid PHB Tricks") forum.
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New A quite Jungian synchronicity, too
Was recently gifted with The Apu Trilogy; then too, what if you're returning as The Harbinger of Doom?
given our "maybe one year" to rid the dis-USA of its current malignant brain-cancer.
(cf. current Politics entry.)

[How's Finland for USian emigrés.. do we have to bring along a few hundred $grand?]
New Re: Howdy, stranger!
Hey, that would have been my line! :)

Good to see CRC pop up!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     Just got bitched at by a dothead recruiter - (lincoln) - (53)
         got a camera on my laptop, it is covered and taped up -NT - (boxley)
         Pick your battles. - (Another Scott) - (12)
             this was for a telephone interview - (lincoln) - (11)
                 You're causing unnecessary problems for yourself. - (Another Scott) - (10)
                     Re: You're causing unnecessary problems for yourself. - (lincoln) - (9)
                         You're picking a tiny hill to die on. Your choice, but think about it some more. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                             So translating your attitude - (lincoln) - (3)
                                 If you're trying to interview - (malraux)
                                 You want another machine? - (Another Scott)
                                 I use the cheapest laptop available from walmart $239 or less usually an hp - (boxley)
                         Re: You're causing unnecessary problems for yourself. - (pwhysall)
                         You're not helping yourself getting your back up about this. - (hnick) - (1)
                             Well said. Hang in there. -NT - (Another Scott)
                         I use Skype. - (static)
         Get both. - (pwhysall) - (38)
             Really? How? - (lincoln) - (37)
                 You're thinking as a "programmer", not a "developer" - (pwhysall) - (36)
                     If you are doing Agile (or abortions thereoff) - (boxley) - (35)
                         And releasing tons of buggy code, iteratively. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                         I was doing all that years before - (lincoln) - (33)
                             Re: I was doing all that years before - (pwhysall) - (32)
                                 Re: I was doing all that years before - (lincoln) - (13)
                                     Re: I was doing all that years before - (malraux) - (5)
                                         Re: I was doing all that years before - (lincoln) - (4)
                                             Development is more than just the code - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                                 How often do you attend these meetings - (lincoln) - (1)
                                                     Stop right there. - (pwhysall)
                                             Because being a developer requires communication. - (malraux)
                                     Oh, I'm pretty sure - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                         I would never hire you - (lincoln) - (4)
                                             Re: I would never hire you - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                                 Amen to that. - (malraux) - (2)
                                                     same in my current shop, I can train anyone to do this - (boxley) - (1)
                                                         Yep. -NT - (malraux)
                                     several places I have worked at required me to supply my laptop - (boxley)
                                 I am amazed it took this long into the thread - (crazy) - (17)
                                     It went over my head. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                         Nope, it's pretty offensive. -NT - (malraux)
                                         Christ! Me, too. Completely missed it. Thought it was a reference to "dot Net" -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                     "This long into the thread" - (malraux)
                                     The "dothead" escaped me - (pwhysall) - (12)
                                         Makes sense - (crazy) - (11)
                                             Either that or ... - (drook) - (10)
                                                 There was a band that took their name from it - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                                     What's their point? - (drook) - (2)
                                                         Dunno, tbh. -NT - (pwhysall)
                                                         Re: Does Sri Lanka have some great reputation? - (a6l6e6x)
                                                 I've heard this one, too. - (mmoffitt)
                                                 It is nowadays, and his name is Apu. - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                                     What a strange thread to reappear in... - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                         It has its own logic. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                             A quite Jungian synchronicity, too - (Ashton)
                                                         Re: Howdy, stranger! - (a6l6e6x)

Hail entropy!
111 ms