IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Do you have some reason to doubt it?
Do you generally agree with the overall point of the linked article?
--

Drew
New nope, didnt have the resource to see if the statement was true
always look out for number one and don't step in number two
New That is a nonsense article.
Let's assume that sans California, Trump wins the popular vote. Does that even matter? About one in eight Americans is a Californian. So rephrase the sentiment thusly, "If you throw out one of every eight votes, Trump won a majority of the remainder." And if only angels would fly out of my arse, I'd be a lot happier. WHO CARES? I said before that the question before us is whether or not we believe we should democratically elect our President. A bunch of slave holding plutocrats from England in the 18th century didn't think we should ("The masses are asses" and all that). Again, so what? I see arguments both ways, but having two of the last five presidents losing the popular vote does far more to divide us than unite us. It cannot be argued that a "losing winner" of the Presidency is not weakened in the eyes of whom he is to serve.
bcnu,
Mikem

Social Media is for Sociopaths.
New yes it does matter
there is a reason a lot of people are leaving california in droves. They dont like to live there. I would not like to live there. I do not see why I should have to follow california rules of living if I do not live there and would not want to live there.
New And they don't want flyover folks dictating to them how to live.
Particularly when they are among the worst ROI investors with Federal Tax monies.
Take a look at the difference between federal spending on any given state and the federal taxes received from that state. We measure the difference as a dollar amount: Federal Spending per Dollar of Federal Taxes. A figure of $1.00 means that particular state received as much as it paid in to the federal government. Anything over a dollar means the state received more than it paid; anything less than $1.00 means the state paid more in taxes than it received in services. The higher the figure, the more a given state is a welfare queen.

Of the twenty worst states, 16 are either Republican dominated or conservative states. Let's go through the top twenty.

• New Mexico: $2.03/li>
  • Mississippi: $2.02/li>
  • Alaska: $1.84/li>
  • Louisiana: $1.78/li>
  • West Virginia: $1.76/li>
  • North Dakota: $1.68/li>
  • Alabama: $1.66/li>
  • South Dakota: $1.53/li>
  • Kentucky: $1.51/li>
  • Virginia: $1.51/li>
  • Montana: $1.47/li>
  • Hawaii: $1.44/li>
  • Maine: $1.41/li>
  • Arkansas: $1.41/li>
  • Oklahoma: $1.36/li>
  • South Carolina: $1.35/li>
  • Missouri: $1.32/li>
  • Maryland: $1.30/li>
  • Tennessee: $1.27/li>
  • Idaho: $1.21

Where can we find liberal bastions California, New York, and Massachusetts? California is 43rd, getting back only $0.78 for every dollar it sends to Washington. New York is 42nd, and one penny better off, at $0.79 per dollar. Massachusetts is 40th, receiving $0.82 for every dollar it sends to DC.

http://www.businessinsider.com/red-states-are-welfare-queens-2011-8#!IpqnG

Whether you like the way they live or not, a *lot* of states couldn't live like they want were it not for the money California sends them through Washington.
bcnu,
Mikem

New for each according to their need etc
New If they're payin' for it, they've got a right to a say in how it's done.
bcnu,
Mikem

New Ah, the parasite list! :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Leaving in droves?
http://www.sacbee.com/site-services/databases/article69054977.html
Fifteen states grew faster than California last year, including every state along its border.

So CA was still 16th-fastest growing state.
--

Drew
New ask why people in portland and seattle hate californians
New Hey! Look™ ... a monkey ... Over There!
New I gotcher monkey, swingin
New That linky got a chuckle. (Haven't clicked it yet.) Thanks.
New Wat. You realize that's a satirical fake news site, right?
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New maybe but the article is extremely accurate
except for the part about not wanting North Dakotans to smoke in public. That law is already on the books. Come to think of it an exodus of Californians to North Dakota would be a win win for both states. Serve them both right/\.
New by all means, Go Flyover and absorb the Kultur (as CA pays their bills) Gotcher model
good-'ol-boy Right Chere.

..so much simpler down in the bayou; why, ya gets back all them grey-cells you once needed to use every day
(I hear that they hibernate for the duration, once freed of complicated 'rithmetic about obscure Carbon and Oxygen combos):
which couldn't possibly matter next, long as CA anonymously pays the regularly increasing A/C $bills each month... and like that.

Yer gonna Lurve the Drumpf Giant Sucking Sound (with that 'ol A/C soon permanently unfunded..) Wanna bet?

I've found that it often matters ... who a one hangs-out-with:
why wouldja ever want to learn how to work-smart/use-less ?? when the little grey cells keep tellin ya..
Owww! that Hurts/I tired already.
New my A/C bill goes down each month, why do you think walmart stocks beach chairs?
New My last visit to Oregon was in 1986 and I recall the "Don't Californicate Oregon!" billboard.
I need to revisit the NW.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     is the following statement true? - (boxley) - (18)
         Do you have some reason to doubt it? - (drook) - (17)
             nope, didnt have the resource to see if the statement was true -NT - (boxley)
             That is a nonsense article. - (mmoffitt) - (15)
                 yes it does matter - (boxley) - (14)
                     And they don't want flyover folks dictating to them how to live. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                         for each according to their need etc -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                             If they're payin' for it, they've got a right to a say in how it's done. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                         Ah, the parasite list! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                     Leaving in droves? - (drook) - (9)
                         ask why people in portland and seattle hate californians -NT - (boxley) - (8)
                             Hey! Look™ ... a monkey ... Over There! -NT - (Ashton) - (6)
                                 I gotcher monkey, swingin - (boxley) - (5)
                                     That linky got a chuckle. (Haven't clicked it yet.) Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     Wat. You realize that's a satirical fake news site, right? -NT - (malraux) - (1)
                                         maybe but the article is extremely accurate - (boxley)
                                     by all means, Go Flyover and absorb the Kultur (as CA pays their bills) Gotcher model - (Ashton) - (1)
                                         my A/C bill goes down each month, why do you think walmart stocks beach chairs? -NT - (boxley)
                             My last visit to Oregon was in 1986 and I recall the "Don't Californicate Oregon!" billboard. - (a6l6e6x)