IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New If Bayh wins and the Senate goes "D", ...
the owners of the Senate (that'd be the same Wall Street gangsters funding Clinton) will make damned certain their former lobbyist is head of the Banking Committee. You heard it here first.
New Yaya.
http://www.rollcall.com/news/policy/bayh-wont-booting-brown-banking-panel (from August 9):

Former Democratic Sen. Evan Bayh won't be allowed to reclaim seniority and leapfrog a champion of progressive causes on the Senate Banking Committee should Bayh win the Indiana Senate race.

Financial services insiders in an American Banker report broached the possibility that Bayh, who is viewed more favorably by the industry, could cut in front of Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio, and be in line to take the committee's chairmanship if Democrats retake control of the Senate.

A senior Democratic aide effectively ended that speculation Tuesday afternoon.

"There's no doubt Senator Brown will have the top slot on the banking committee next year," the aide told Roll Call.

[...]

The truth is that precedent is squarely on the side of incumbents like Brown being favored over potential returning former senators. Neither Frank R. Lautenberg of New Jersey, Hubert H. Humphrey of Minnesota or Alben Barkley of Kentucky was able to reclaim seniority for past years served when they returned to the chamber.

And unlike Bayh, both Barkley and Humphrey had originally left the Senate to become vice president.

Sorry. ;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New At the risk of sounding even more the conspiracy theorist.
Bayh has been a Bankster Lobbyist ever since he left the Senate. You know, the usual way a Senator goes to cash in on all the good work he did for his masters while (cough, cough, wheez, gag) representing the people. So now it looks like maybe a somewhat Progressive might be the new Senate Banking Chairman. I don't think it's too much of a stretch for the Bankster owners to go to their tool Bayh and say, "Hey, why don't you run for Senate again? Here's some money. Nobody in Indiana can beat you because of your daddy and because it's an incredibly weak field. If we get lucky, you'll either knock off the Progressive and be Chairman yourself or have at least some influence on the banking committee. We need one of our own on that committee."

The cover Bayh came up with to leave the Senate so he could cash in with his Bankster buddies, that "gridlock" was the reason, is laughable now. He's going back because it's gotten better? Give me a break. His candidacy is nothing more than the Bankster Community getting one of their reliable stooges back in the Senate. And, regrettably, most Hoosiers will allow them to do exactly that.
     ok nother (gonna assume you watched tonights debate) - (boxley) - (40)
         They're both more qualified than Trump! - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             which one is that? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 The one that wants to overturn Roe vs. Wade. - (a6l6e6x)
         Pence is an incompetent - he couldn't even try to defend Trump. - (Another Scott) - (3)
             Pence is playing the long game. He is taking over for Lying Ted for 2020! - (a6l6e6x)
             And it's already an ad. - (malraux) - (1)
                 That was fast! Speedy Gonzales in Brooklyn. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         I'm going to be ill. Kaine managed to make Pence look sensible. - (mmoffitt) - (32)
             Kaine was over the top excited and on hair trigger. - (a6l6e6x)
             What is it that makes you ill? - (rcareaga) - (20)
                 That Pence, by comparison to anyone could look sane. - (mmoffitt) - (19)
                     Shit ha-Pence - (rcareaga) - (18)
                         Isn't the blog post obvious? - (mmoffitt)
                         And another thing, did you really need 538 to tell you who would win Indiana? - (mmoffitt) - (16)
                             How could Bernie win there and not Hillary - (Another Scott) - (14)
                                 The same way Barack Obama did in 2008. The youth vote would have been *very* enthusiastic. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                                     How is the Hispanic vote there? - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                         I honestly don't know. They're about 6.5% or so of the population. - (mmoffitt)
                                     Yet Bernie beat Hillary by only 35k votes in the primary. Hmm... - (Another Scott) - (10)
                                         I've told you why Obama's 08 voters didn't turn out. Sheesh! - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                                             Hehe. Bayh voted to save the economy and for the PPACA. Good enough for me. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                                 And Bayh's "Credit Card Reform" allowed BofA to jack my rate from 9.0% fixed to 12% floating. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                     So, get another bank. You are still able to do that. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                         Bayh's NOT going to fix the banks, see below. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                 You and the Banksters want him to win. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                     Recycled "news" - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                         If Bayh wins and the Senate goes "D", ... - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                             Yaya. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                 At the risk of sounding even more the conspiracy theorist. - (mmoffitt)
                             Of course I didn't "need" 538 for that. - (rcareaga)
             I don't have time to watch it again, but... - (Another Scott) - (6)
                 Kaine did a better job defending his candidate - (malraux)
                 "Nice Guy". </me falls over> - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                     I'd expect nothing less from Counterpunch. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                         Heh. He only beat George "Macaca" Allen by six points? </rofl> - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                             "Selected Conspiracy Websites, Newsgroups, Blogs" - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 I'm no longer a subscriber. - (mmoffitt)
             according to cnn pence beat kaine -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                 According to almost everyone. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 different objectives, perhaps? - (rcareaga)

Mandatory cayenne enemas would have the same effect.
99 ms