IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I'd expect nothing less from Counterpunch.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/07/22/10-things-you-should-know-about-tim-kaine/

4) He's known as a nice guy's nice guy

The headline of a recent Washington Post story about Kaine's potential VP prospects is titled, "What’s a nice guy like Sen. Tim Kaine doing in a campaign like this?"

“The boy is cleaner than the board of health,” Dave “Mudcat” Saunders, the eminently quotable Democratic political consultant told our Paul Schwartzmann. “If it’s one thing Hillary needs, it’s clean.”

And Kaine's amiable style has served him well. His approval rating in polls has generally been significantly higher than his disapproval rating, and he was elected senator in 2012 by a six-point margin over Republican George Allen -- a fellow former governor and former senator who was trying to reclaim his seat.

But Kaine's nice-guy demeanor has also raised questions about whether he would be able to play the traditional role of a running mate: attack dog.

Heh.

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Heh. He only beat George "Macaca" Allen by six points? </rofl>
Oh and VERY impressive quoting Bezos' rag the Washington Post, the absolute neutral source for information about the Clinton campaign.

Counterpunch has credibility the Post used to have.
New "Selected Conspiracy Websites, Newsgroups, Blogs"
http://web.stanford.edu/~jonahw/PWR1/CT-Websites.htm

I don't get the feeling that CP is listed there as a CT debunking or vilifying site.

YMMV.

Cheers,
Scott.
New I'm no longer a subscriber.
When Alexander Cockburn was writing for them after leaving The Nation, I had a subscription and, truthfully, the only things I read on that site were articles by him and/or Ralph Nader. I don't know what its status is today, but more years than I care to contemplate back, it was a good source of true lefty essays.
     ok nother (gonna assume you watched tonights debate) - (boxley) - (40)
         They're both more qualified than Trump! - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             which one is that? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 The one that wants to overturn Roe vs. Wade. - (a6l6e6x)
         Pence is an incompetent - he couldn't even try to defend Trump. - (Another Scott) - (3)
             Pence is playing the long game. He is taking over for Lying Ted for 2020! - (a6l6e6x)
             And it's already an ad. - (malraux) - (1)
                 That was fast! Speedy Gonzales in Brooklyn. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         I'm going to be ill. Kaine managed to make Pence look sensible. - (mmoffitt) - (32)
             Kaine was over the top excited and on hair trigger. - (a6l6e6x)
             What is it that makes you ill? - (rcareaga) - (20)
                 That Pence, by comparison to anyone could look sane. - (mmoffitt) - (19)
                     Shit ha-Pence - (rcareaga) - (18)
                         Isn't the blog post obvious? - (mmoffitt)
                         And another thing, did you really need 538 to tell you who would win Indiana? - (mmoffitt) - (16)
                             How could Bernie win there and not Hillary - (Another Scott) - (14)
                                 The same way Barack Obama did in 2008. The youth vote would have been *very* enthusiastic. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                                     How is the Hispanic vote there? - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                         I honestly don't know. They're about 6.5% or so of the population. - (mmoffitt)
                                     Yet Bernie beat Hillary by only 35k votes in the primary. Hmm... - (Another Scott) - (10)
                                         I've told you why Obama's 08 voters didn't turn out. Sheesh! - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                                             Hehe. Bayh voted to save the economy and for the PPACA. Good enough for me. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                                 And Bayh's "Credit Card Reform" allowed BofA to jack my rate from 9.0% fixed to 12% floating. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                     So, get another bank. You are still able to do that. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                         Bayh's NOT going to fix the banks, see below. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                 You and the Banksters want him to win. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                     Recycled "news" - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                         If Bayh wins and the Senate goes "D", ... - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                             Yaya. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                 At the risk of sounding even more the conspiracy theorist. - (mmoffitt)
                             Of course I didn't "need" 538 for that. - (rcareaga)
             I don't have time to watch it again, but... - (Another Scott) - (6)
                 Kaine did a better job defending his candidate - (malraux)
                 "Nice Guy". </me falls over> - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                     I'd expect nothing less from Counterpunch. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                         Heh. He only beat George "Macaca" Allen by six points? </rofl> - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                             "Selected Conspiracy Websites, Newsgroups, Blogs" - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 I'm no longer a subscriber. - (mmoffitt)
             according to cnn pence beat kaine -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                 According to almost everyone. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 different objectives, perhaps? - (rcareaga)

Ah-ha! And "so's your old man!"
64 ms