IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Unregister? Is that a thing?
https://johnlewis.house.gov/issue/voting-rights

The right to vote is precious and almost sacred, and one of the most important blessings of our democracy. Today we must be vigilant in protecting that blessing.

The history of the right to vote in America is a history of conflict, of struggling for the right to vote. Many people died trying to protect that right. I was beaten, and jailed because I stood up for it. For millions like me, the struggle for the right to vote is not mere history; it is experience. We should not take a step backward with new poll taxes and voter ID laws and barriers to voting. We must ensure every vote and every voter counts.

The vote is the most powerful, non-violent tool we have in a democratic society. We must not allow the power of the vote to be neutralized. We must never go back.

You have a choice between two candidates representing two parties in the fall.

You're either with the people trying to make things better, or you aren't.

If you want "better" choices, the time to create them is in the years before the primary and the general election. Bellyaching about how horrible your choices are is just that. It doesn't convince anyone (not even yourself) of your supposed superior principles.

Man-up and pick a side. Hillary or Trump. Those are your choices.

Cheers,
Scott.
New pick a side? bill the cat is my side THBBFT!
always look out for number one and don't step in number two
New You've already said you picked (the Hilldabeast). Mike needs to pick.
New What I recall the box said was . . .
. . if it was Trump vs. Hillary he'd vote for Trump, but if it was Ted Cruz vs. Hillary he'd vote for Hillary.
New You may be right. Oh well...
New and after further reflection I don't see any meaningful differences so will vote bill the cat
New Meh.
New That's not the choice. The menu's fixed.
Just look at the confusion over the invitations to tonight’s dinner. Guests were asked to check whether they wanted steak or fish, but instead, a whole bunch of you wrote in Paul Ryan. That's not an option, people. Steak or fish. You may not like steak or fish -- but that's your choice.
- BHO.

He's right you know...

Cheers,
Scott.
New The menu's fixed. you got that right
New Good question.
Back in the day, when you moved you had to notify your old board of elections and ask to be removed from their roll. More recently, there've been purges for not voting, so I just assumed I could do like I did when I moved from California and North Carolina previously - contact them and ask them to remove me.

I've just emailed my current board and asked if I could voluntarily have myself removed and if so, the steps required. I also asked if there was an automatic purge after not voting for some number of elections.

Thanks for asking the question.

--Mikem
New And it *is* a thing.
And even easier than I thought. Before you had to actually show up at their office. Here's the how-to I got back from my board of elections:
Just send a note/letter stating you wish to remove your registration. I must have a signature.

Sweet. I'll wait to see if Bernie pays any heed to all the petitions asking him to run independent, like this one: http://movement4bernie.org/

If the DNC has any brains, and if Bernie's primary goal really is to defeat Trump, then he should run as an independent for the reasons I posted here: http://forum.iwethey.org/forum/post/410954/
     Sorry mmoffitt, but . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (58)
         I likewise threw in with the DBH, but - (rcareaga)
         No apology needed. - (mmoffitt) - (56)
             Depends on how one defines "self-interest" doesn't it? - (Another Scott) - (55)
                 There's a big flaw in that summary. - (mmoffitt) - (54)
                     Re: There's a big flaw in that summary. - (Another Scott) - (53)
                         You're not comparing their actual policy proposals and their plans to get there bwaHAHAHAHAHA - (boxley) - (6)
                             (sigh) - edited. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                 Re: (sigh) - (rcareaga)
                                 What he should say - (drook) - (3)
                                     Yeah, but... - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                         Please enjoy four more years of Wall Street hegemony. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                             rofl. -NT - (Another Scott)
                         As you point out... - (rcareaga) - (8)
                             I'm thinking we can open his eyes. He did, after all, give up the Confederate flag... ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                             And Oh, how right you turned out to be. - (CRConrad) - (6)
                                 Trotskyist. Thankyouverymuch. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                     People's Front of Judea/Judean People's Front. -NT - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                         +5 Funny -NT - (drook)
                                         I *HATE* the Judean People's Front. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                             Also, what have the Rom-- eh, Democrats ever done for us? -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                 pick yer pocket, steal yer kids, predict a glowing future? -NT - (boxley)
                         You get to use shorthand and I don't? - (mmoffitt) - (36)
                             But it's not about you (or me), really. - (Another Scott)
                             FIFY - (rcareaga) - (34)
                                 I mispoke. - (mmoffitt) - (33)
                                     You're just trolling us, aren't you? ;-p - (Another Scott) - (32)
                                         No question Clinton is the nominee, now its who gets paid what between now and the convention -NT - (boxley)
                                         Yes. - (mmoffitt) - (30)
                                             Kaufman over at LGM - (rcareaga) - (29)
                                                 IRLRPD - (drook) - (1)
                                                     Yeah, it was a little sloppy even... - (rcareaga)
                                                 Not stooges or sell-outs. - (mmoffitt) - (26)
                                                     Unregister? Is that a thing? - (Another Scott) - (10)
                                                         pick a side? bill the cat is my side THBBFT! -NT - (boxley) - (7)
                                                             You've already said you picked (the Hilldabeast). Mike needs to pick. -NT - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                                                 What I recall the box said was . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                                                                     You may be right. Oh well... -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                     and after further reflection I don't see any meaningful differences so will vote bill the cat -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                         Meh. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                         That's not the choice. The menu's fixed. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                             The menu's fixed. you got that right -NT - (boxley)
                                                         Good question. - (mmoffitt)
                                                         And it *is* a thing. - (mmoffitt)
                                                     two roads diverged... - (rcareaga) - (14)
                                                         It's not just that she and Bill Christmas with Henry and have for a long time. - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                                                             turks have been reactionary racists for a long time (see kurds and armenians) the young are ignorant -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                 Cenk Uygur is a racist? Go back on your meds. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                                 Young Turks != young Turks. -NT - (malraux) - (1)
                                                                     heh. Thanks. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                             "Kissinger's candidate" - (rcareaga)
                                                             She knows how diplomacy works. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                                                 yup, pay the foundation and we work for you! -NT - (boxley)
                                                                 Now tell me about her handling of Honduras -NT - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                                                     You tell me. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                                         Lying about it being a coup for openers. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                                             She has a time machine like Obama now? - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                                 Sheesh Indeed. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                                     No I didn't watch the April 13, 2016 video. All I saw was a link and a bunch of text. - (Another Scott)

Can those of you in the back hear me?
327 ms