IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Statistics for the United States do not reflect the world.
The United States has a particularly low incidence of Muslim extremist events - probably because we have a low percentage of Muslims, and many of them are here to get away from that.

And, I certainly do despise White Supremacists and the like - they are dangerous trash.

So, there are 1.6 Billion Muslims in the world, and these radicals are giving them a very bad reputation, and many of the innocent victims are Muslims. So why do they offer little but lip service, "This isn't Islam", leaving fighting these extremists to non-Muslims? I suspect many feel anything they say or do against Jihad is against Islam, and Jihad is built deeply into the religion. All these radicals claim to be on Jihad.

"Death to the Infidels" is a deeply ingrained principle of the religion.

Also, that large supply of disaffected "single men under 45" is a product of polygamy, encouraged by Islam. Women follow the money, so rich guys have plenty of wives and a large pool of young men have no hope for a normal family life.

China is well aware of this problem, because their one child policy has caused a huge surplus of young men without hope, a very unstable situation. Of course, a young woman in China can now charge whatever the hell she wants. If you don't own significant property, your chances of marriage to a Chinese woman are very poor. Many Chinese men now go to Southeast Asia looking for wives.

All in all, a bad situation.
New Re: Women follow the money, so rich guys have plenty of wives
So now you're talking about Trump ?:)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Yeah, and others. It's bad enough here - even though . . .
. . being legally married to more than one person at a time is not permitted. Of course, serial marriages aren't the same. There the rich are just passing wives around. That still leaves a lot of "unqualified" wives for the guys who aren't so rich.

Of course, even in the lower financial realm, what women really want is a real jerk (it's just a lot better if he has money). This is why you see a lot of nice guys married to fat ugly women - the ones who aren't confident they can land a real jerk.
New Ok, how about some statistics for Belgium then.
Berkeley Blog (from 2015):

Belgium has a sad record. With some 450 jihadists, it is Europe’s largest contributor per capita of ISIS fighters in Syria. The country has also been mentioned in connection to a series of recent ISIS attacks: In May 2014, a returned jihadist from Syria opened fire at the Jewish Museum in Brussels. In January 2015, two suspected jihadists were shot by the police in the city of Verviers. In August 2015, two members of the U.S. military stopped a jihadist attacker who had boarded a train in Brussels.

Wikipedia:

Islam is the second largest religion in Belgium, accounting for 5 to 7% of the total population. (If all immigrants with Islamic backgrounds are included, Muslims' share of the population rises to 8.1% as of 2011). Muslims are concentrated in certain regions of the country, constituting 23.6% of the population in Brussels, but just 4.0% in Wallonia and 3.9% in Flanders.

The entire population of Belgium is about 11 M, so roughly 900,000 Muslims in the country.

In this latest event, there were 4 people directly involved. 4/900,000 = 4.4E-6.

The Navy Yard shooting was done by one guy. He killed 12 plus himself. Roughly 16,000 people work there. 1/16,000 = 6.3E-5.

It looks like it's a lot more likely to come across a crazy coworker in the USA than a jihadist that is willing to blow himself up in Belgium. Like over 10 times more likely.

Yeah, I know, the ratios are apples and oranges.

But the point is, these events are extremely rare. They have more to do with them being male then than them claiming to be Muslim.

Daesh isn't Islamic.

Daesh is a cult created by remnants of Saddam's Baathist internal security apparatus.

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
Expand Edited by Another Scott March 23, 2016, 11:27:59 PM EDT
New So Daesh isn't Islamic . . .
. . . and that they can so easily and effectively manipulate Islam is in no way a weakness in the religion? It is a religion that expanded by violent conquest and "conversion by the sword", with techniques not so sophisticated as those by Daesh, but in the same category. It is so easy to preach romantic notions of Jihad.

News articles often feature guys who declare Daesh is wrong and making excuses, but there is no real structure of authority in Islam. It's many individual "schollars", with authority over their own followers, and little farther. The next schollar down the road has a different interpretation of the Koran, different ideas, perhaps different ambitions, and a different batch of followers. If one becomes too disruptive to another, it's nothing a little assassination can't fix. "Here's your bomb. 71 virgins await you!"

And yes, there's that continuous state of violence between Sunni and Shiite, which Daesh plans to encourage and exploit.
New I don't hold Pat Robertson against the Quakers. YMMV.
New They're all equally contemptible.
     Another slaughter of innocents in Brussels . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (24)
         I've been thinking about this quite a bit. - (mmoffitt)
         Re: Another slaughter of innocents in Brussels . . . - (Another Scott) - (8)
             Statistics for the United States do not reflect the world. - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                 Re: Women follow the money, so rich guys have plenty of wives - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     Yeah, and others. It's bad enough here - even though . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                 Ok, how about some statistics for Belgium then. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                     So Daesh isn't Islamic . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                         I don't hold Pat Robertson against the Quakers. YMMV. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             They're all equally contemptible. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             So you know their motivations better than they do themselves? - (CRConrad)
         Yes, all hail the Crusaders! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             I do not give a pass to any of the three "Revealed Religions". - (Andrew Grygus)
         Can't say I'm surprised - (scoenye) - (9)
             Thanks. It's a bad situation. I hope cooler heads prevail. -NT - (Another Scott) - (8)
                 Dittos! - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
                     That is not the half of it - (scoenye) - (6)
                         We should invade and that'd sort it out. - (pwhysall) - (5)
                             A day or two? - (scoenye) - (3)
                                 :-)! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                 We'd have to teach you how to queue. -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                     Brolly's to instep? -NT - (boxley)
                             Reminds me of my last hotel breakfast in Brussels. - (a6l6e6x)
         What ISIS really wants - (malraux) - (1)
             17,000 comments?? - (Another Scott)

Opportunities are rarely good news.
71 ms