IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New My amateur analysis
Everything I've read about them is consistent with the psychology of LA gangs: protection, sense of belonging, sense of purpose, dehumanization of the "other", recruiting the young and unemployed, etc.

This isn't a perfect parallel, I'm sure. But it seems close enough that maybe we should be looking to what works in fighting gangs.
--

Drew
New That is an opinion I've also stated on this site.
This whole radical Islam thing is more an overgrown street gang than a religion.

However you cut it, loyalty and submission to the authority of your leaders is the same in gangs and radical religion.
     Not a word here on Paris . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (40)
         It's not the religion. - (static) - (31)
             What religion has ever been anything but a political movement? -NT - (mmoffitt)
             Oh no, it's not Islam, not at all! - (Andrew Grygus) - (29)
                 kurds are not followers of islam? News to me -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                     "Compared to the Unbeliever, the Kurd is a Muslim" - (Andrew Grygus)
                 It may not be. - (mmoffitt)
                 It's not religion. - (Another Scott) - (18)
                     You guys are talking like Daesh . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (15)
                         Daesh is in the news. - (Another Scott) - (14)
                             That's whataboutery. - (pwhysall) - (13)
                                 Good counterpoint. But... - (Another Scott) - (10)
                                     It is about us . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                     EXACTLY - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                         Re: EXACTLY - (Another Scott)
                                     What are we going to do about it? - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                         Kinda sorta like... - (Another Scott)
                                         And, one very important point. - (Andrew Grygus)
                                     The turks don't seem to agree with you - (crazy) - (1)
                                         Too many football fans are jerks. Film at 11. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     Hey! I gave up the Battle Flag, they can give up Islam. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                     You think wrong. - (CRConrad)
                                 whataboutery, so you believe the earth is only 6 thousand years old? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Eh? - (pwhysall)
                     My amateur analysis - (drook) - (1)
                         That is an opinion I've also stated on this site. - (Andrew Grygus)
                 the meat of the matter - (rcareaga) - (1)
                     Talk about a broad brush! - (Andrew Grygus)
                 Yes and no. - (static) - (4)
                     Excellent! Thanks very much for the pointer. -NT - (Another Scott)
                     Very good! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                     Gracias, Wade - (Ashton) - (1)
                         Waleed Aly is a very smart guy. - (static)
         Personally, ... - (Another Scott)
         So, I suppose all those Muslims drowning in the Med trying to get to Europe... - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
             There is actually a significant homegrown component - (scoenye) - (3)
                 Yep, Europeans are clanish and integration of immigrants is a problem. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                     Problem is, discrimination is protected - (scoenye) - (1)
                         :-( Thanks for the post. -NT - (Another Scott)
         not really muslims have been bombing paris since 1956 and france used to run syria - (boxley) - (1)
             France and Islam and recent history - (rcareaga)

Everyone said the hamster catapult wasn't appropriate for the science fair, but no one could stop watching.
63 ms