IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 2 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New not fer nutton but pro wire folks charge about $50 per drop
3 cat cables dropped at $150 is cheaper than buying more gear :-)
you can kill people for America at age 18 but need to be 21 to buy a beer
New That's assuming they can reach the relevant places.
Making a path in the basement would be a challenge at the moment... ;-)

I've reached the point that I'm willing to spend some money on hardware to save a few hours on aggravating tasks. If I tried to hire someone to wire the house, I'd have to spend days investigating installers, making paths in the basement, and probably would have to take off a day from work (as I assume they wouldn't work on the weekend).

Saving money vs. saving time is one choice that is fairly straight-forward when things go as expected. But it's not always clear how to reduce aggravation when it comes to things like this. Having an on-site IT department at home is one solution, I guess. ;-)

Once we win the lottery, everything will be great. No more compromises!!1

Cheers,
Scott.
New win the lottery heave all electronics into the bay
keep one lapper for bookeeping and chuck everything else including the phones. Loved having nothing electronic when I was up North.
you can kill people for America at age 18 but need to be 21 to buy a beer
New Yup. We'd probably travel and live out of a couple of suitcases and maybe a trunk.
For a few years anyway. At least if J had her way. :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
     TP-Link Archer C9 Dual Band Wireless AC Router, and other things. - (Another Scott) - (17)
         Good show! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         TP-Link Archer C5 Dual Band Wireless AC Router as Wireless Bridge. - (Another Scott) - (15)
             Something weird is going on. Can't do multiple WDS devices with C5s? - (Another Scott) - (14)
                 can you setup the devices as routers instead of bridges? - (boxley) - (13)
                     Hmm... - (Another Scott) - (12)
                         No joy. Going to try some dedicated bridge boxes. - (Another Scott) - (11)
                             Question? - (hnick) - (1)
                                 Sorry - too much Shorthand. - (Another Scott)
                             not fer nutton but pro wire folks charge about $50 per drop - (boxley) - (3)
                                 That's assuming they can reach the relevant places. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                     win the lottery heave all electronics into the bay - (boxley) - (1)
                                         Yup. We'd probably travel and live out of a couple of suitcases and maybe a trunk. - (Another Scott)
                             Of course, that didn't solve the problem. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                 static routing is always the best way to go for smaller configurations -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                                     Static Routing seems to require using the LAN or WAN ports. :-( - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                         hmmm, not at home but think I can assign static ip to mac addys on the wireless - (boxley)
                                         Woot! - (a6l6e6x)

We sell COFFEE-flavored coffee.
85 ms