IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And what might that be?
There seems to be ample evidence that Ashcroft stopped flying commercial for reasons >other< than the increased threat of hijacking [...]

And what might that be, Bill? In all the reports linked to by that wonderful [link|http://www.buzzflash.com/contributors/2002/05/23_Bush_Knew.html|rant Silverlock referenced], nobody anywhere mentioned the reason that Ashhole started charging fishing trips to the General Populace. In fact , in the CBS news story, AshHole stated he [link|http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2001/07/26/national/main303601.shtml|"didn't know why" he was flying a NASA plane].

So what insider information do you have that we don't? Care to share with the class?

Edit notes: Added actual links.
jb4
"I remember Harry S. Truman's sign on his desk. 'The buck stops here.' Strange how those words, while
still true, mean something completely different today." -- Brandioch
Expand Edited by jb4 May 30, 2002, 09:12:32 AM EDT
New Wow....
...y'all are incredible.

Dan Rather makes an outlandish claim and its gospel.

[link|http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20020516/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/attacks_ashcroft_travel_2|Not that I'm surprised] that people have threatened to kill him...considering how popular he is.

You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Oh come on now....
surely you aren't suggesting that Ashcroft is more unpopular than Janet Reno.
New Amazingly enough...
...I am.

New C'mon Bill..stop shoveling straw
Were you to have tracked down the link, you would have seen several quotes attributed to "terror-terrified Lord Protector John Ashcroft" (as so aptly dubbed by [link|http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/25508.html| Thomas C. Green of the Reg]). No mention of Dan Rather anywhere.

How is it that when ttLPJA's lips move, you think that Dan Rather is speaking?

Hope that pitchfork does not give you blisters....

(oh, and lay off the 'shrooms, OK?)

(I propose to refer to Ashhole from this point forward as ttLPJA. Thanks, Thomas!)
jb4
"I remember Harry S. Truman's sign on his desk. 'The buck stops here.' Strange how those words, while still true, mean something completely different today." -- Brandioch
New The latest incarnation...
...of the story is that Ashcroft has launched a smear campaign against Rather for stating that >unsubstantiated< story...and then following it up by repeating it the following morning in an interview with Don Imus.

Yea boy.

Take the ball and run with it, I suppose.

Ain't no straw here...though I suppose talking about the same story from more than one source may almost qualify.

The story...no matter the source...is unsubstantiated rumor. The official response is that there were personal threats against Ashcroft. No surprise there...considering his amazing popularity;-)

He said, she said.

Sams shit...different day.

New Yeah, except for one thing:
The "he" who said it was ttLPJA hisself.

Read the link, awready!
jb4
"I remember Harry S. Truman's sign on his desk. 'The buck stops here.' Strange how those words, while still true, mean something completely different today." -- Brandioch
New I read them.
He said his security people told him to not fly commercial. Justice stated (in the other link) that it was due to threats against his person.

Rather said it was because >he< (Ashcroft) knew of the hijackings. Ashcroft said >last July< that he didn't know why...it was his security teams job to make those assessments.

And your point???

New Re: I read them.
Yeah I agree and I believe my friend, [link|http://www.aftermarketperformanceparts.com/mr-gasket.html|mr gasket] will have the same idea on this one..
-=Angel=-
New SPAM much?
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Re: I read them.
Yeah I agree and I believe my friend, [link|http://www.aftermarketperformanceparts.com/mr-gasket.html|mr gasket] will have the same idea on this one..
-=Angel=-
     White House: Terror warnings a tactic to fend off criticism - (Silverlock) - (98)
         Klansman gets life in prison for 1963 killings -?? -NT - (Simon_Jester) - (3)
             Huh? - (Silverlock) - (1)
                 I think I had junk in my proxy server... - (Simon_Jester)
             Ignore this dup-post - (Silverlock)
         But of course... - (bepatient) - (56)
             So why cut off the drone ops? - (Brandioch) - (55)
                 Cute use of selective memory. - (bepatient) - (54)
                     You're still trying for that strawman tangent, aren't you? - (Brandioch) - (43)
                         Why don't you... - (bepatient) - (42)
                             Why don't you buy a dictionary. - (Brandioch)
                             WHOA...wait a minute... - (Simon_Jester) - (40)
                                 They just spent the better part.... - (bepatient) - (39)
                                     I will even give you the chance to show it isn't straw. - (Brandioch) - (37)
                                         Nice wording - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                             And they mocked Clinton for that, didn't they? - (Brandioch)
                                         Tom Tomorrow: ____calls a spayed a spayed._________:-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton)
                                         So what about the drones? -NT - (bepatient) - (33)
                                             Uh..their pilots have been reassigned to KP. Co$t reduction? -NT - (Ashton)
                                             You don't have to grovel. - (Brandioch) - (29)
                                                 You don't have to get it... - (bepatient) - (28)
                                                     Company - (bepatient) - (27)
                                                         You REALLY need to learn how to read. - (Brandioch) - (26)
                                                             chuckle - (bepatient) - (25)
                                                                 Like I said, learn to read. - (Brandioch) - (24)
                                                                     Oh... - (bepatient) - (23)
                                                                         Bill "Strawman" Pathetic. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                                             Not my problem... - (bepatient)
                                                                         Umm...you mean, this quote? - (Simon_Jester) - (20)
                                                                             Nope...but that was a good try... - (bepatient) - (19)
                                                                                 So you mean this quote.... - (Simon_Jester) - (18)
                                                                                     Yep.. - (bepatient) - (17)
                                                                                         Excellent...so, what are you arguing again? - (Simon_Jester) - (16)
                                                                                             I wasn't arguing... - (bepatient) - (15)
                                                                                                 Nah Beep, no need to despise - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                                                                     Actually Ash... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                                         Damn, BeeP.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                                                             Oooh...my favorite! -NT - (bepatient)
                                                                                                 Grin -- I agree... - (Simon_Jester)
                                                                                                 What does that have to do with my original point? - (Silverlock) - (9)
                                                                                                     Everything - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                                                                         You continue to miss the point - (Silverlock) - (4)
                                                                                                             To deflect >what< criticism? - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                                                                                 Don't play stupid - (Silverlock)
                                                                                                                 Bepatient... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                                                                                                     Look...its really simple. - (bepatient)
                                                                                                         Dupe post. Ignore. -NT - (Silverlock)
                                                                                                     Absolutely nothing.... - (folkert) - (1)
                                                                                                         that was...um...unexpected.... - (bepatient)
                                             Stopped under Clinton Administration - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                 Just too cockamamie amateurish: Not to be true!____:( -NT - (Ashton)
                                     Actually I think it is politics as usual. - (Simon_Jester)
                     Re: Cute use of selective memory. - (Simon_Jester) - (9)
                         I know the thread. - (bepatient) - (4)
                             Ah...I see. thank you. -NT - (Simon_Jester)
                             Maybe it should be "Bill 'Strawman' Pathetic"? - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                 However, Brandioch... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                     Yup. - (Brandioch)
                         Okay, Simon, Here's MY problem. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                             Fair enough... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                                 Slightly less fair...... - (Brandioch)
                                 Admitted Bias. - (mmoffitt)
         Back to the point - (Silverlock) - (36)
             Because: we have to somehow weather this group - til 1/05 - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Nothing else. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                     I think I got a new sig! - (jb4)
             Are you certain... - (bepatient) - (32)
                 Pardon me, but BULLSHIT! - (Silverlock) - (20)
                     Are you being dense on purpose? - (bepatient) - (19)
                         Wow... Beep Stooping.... -NT - (folkert) - (1)
                             True...not necessary...apologies -NT - (bepatient)
                         To spell it out... - (Simon_Jester) - (7)
                             I'm not mmissing that point. - (bepatient) - (6)
                                 But I am apparently stuttering ;-) -NT - (bepatient)
                                 Well, I'm glad you're not missing that point... - (Simon_Jester) - (4)
                                     Not around here. - (bepatient) - (3)
                                         Well...there is a lot of humor to go around. - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                                             I suppose - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                 Exactly.. - (Simon_Jester)
                         I am trying not to insult - (Silverlock) - (8)
                             My point was simple... - (bepatient) - (7)
                                 Umm... fine... - (Silverlock) - (6)
                                     Yep - (bepatient) - (3)
                                         "missing the point"? - (Silverlock) - (2)
                                             Come on .... - (folkert)
                                             Bog - (bepatient)
                                     Well... - (folkert) - (1)
                                         No need really. - (bepatient)
                 And what might that be? - (jb4) - (10)
                     Wow.... - (bepatient) - (9)
                         Oh come on now.... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                             Amazingly enough... - (bepatient)
                         C'mon Bill..stop shoveling straw - (jb4) - (6)
                             The latest incarnation... - (bepatient) - (5)
                                 Yeah, except for one thing: - (jb4) - (4)
                                     I read them. - (bepatient) - (3)
                                         Re: I read them. - (Spammer 1029) - (1)
                                             SPAM much? -NT - (bepatient)
                                         Re: I read them. - (Spammer 1029)

No. Only those you need.
249 ms