IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Pardon me, but BULLSHIT!
What the fuck are you talking about? I made a simple point. The current regime used threats of terrorist attacks to defuse criticism.

I repeat, what the fuck are you talking about?
Re-elect Gore in 2004
New Are you being dense on purpose?
The criticism was that he should make announcements.

So he does.

Now he's criticized for the announcements.

Bullshit me all you like...thats just fucking stupid.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Wow... Beep Stooping....

greg, curley95@attbi.com -- REMEMBER ED CURRY!!!
New True...not necessary...apologies

New To spell it out...
The argument (which you're ignoring) is that he should make announcement based on the facts and rumors that he has.

He SHOULDN'T be making announcements because he wants to deflect criticism of his administration.

ObClinton reference:
It's perfectly valid for Clinton to waste a couple of million on a bunch of cruise missiles to kill an International Terrorist (who later kills a couple of thousand Americans).

It's not valid for Clinton to waste a couple of million on a bunch of cruise missiles to deflect from some semen stains on a blue dress.
New I'm not mmissing that point.
And the facts and rumors have long included further attacks and the use of nuclear materials.

Again...I find this amusing because the administration was criticized for not issuing warnings based on non-specific evidence supplied in an Aug 6 briefing.

So they issue non-specific warnings based, I'm sure, on reams and reams of data supplied by the prisoners in Gitmo...stuff coming in over the wires...and an increase in chatter on the terrorist bands (chuckle...like its short wave or something)

So now the criticism is that he made announcements to deflect the criticism that he should have made announcements...which he did in response to the criticism...this is the song that never ends...it just goes on and on my friends.

New But I am apparently stuttering ;-)

New Well, I'm glad you're not missing that point...
because...personally...while the warning/no-warning thing is funny....

the "Gee..Clinton is evil because he's trying to divert our attention" but the "Bush is good because he's trying to divert our attention" coming from the same mouth is, to me, even funnier.
New Not around here.
I didn't bring up the Monica missiles...you did;-)

And I'm not making a value judgement here. Neither good nor bad.

I think we're smart enough to understand that the risk is present without having to be told over and over again.

Specific threats are different...vague everyday crap is unecessary. I thought we had already agreed on that somewhere else.

New Well...there is a lot of humor to go around.

I didn't bring up the Monica missiles...you did;-)

Yep, I surely did.

And I'm not making a value judgement here. Neither good nor bad.

Neither was I. You were pointing out the humor those demanding threat warnings and then complaining then they got them. I was pointing out the (greater) humor (imo) of that many of the people laughing about Bush's wag-the-dog warnings are the same ones who complained about Clinton's wag-the-dog Monica-missiles.

I could even laugh at the people who's are now whining about the "can't please everyone." Most of them were the same ones who were, again, blasting away for Clinton for wagging-the-dog by shooting missiles at terrorists and for not doing enough to stop terrorism.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I guess you really can't please everyone.

I think we're smart enough to understand that the risk is present without having to be told over and over again.

Specific threats are different...vague everyday crap is unecessary. I thought we had already agreed on that somewhere else.

Indeed, I think we did.

But that ITSELF is the funniest of all.

We both agree that unfiltered information is bad. Yet, you claim that Democrats first demanded vague threat warning and then complained when they got them. You even cited a Democrat that complained about the lack of warnings.

So, is he complaining about the amount of vague threats now?

No! He STILL believe that more information (and more specific information) needs to be made available.

Yet, you somehow feel that this backs your position.
New I suppose
the Monica Missiles thing had a humorous side. Its a little harder to laugh about it after getting smacked down by a warhead, though ;-)

Now they're speculating that the Mon missiles are the act that set Osama in motion for 9/11.

Oh...the tangled web we weave.

Graham was one of many. And possibly the problem really stems from the fact that the Dems can't seem to agree on anything lately...except that they hate Bush. But hey...thats an easy one.

Maybe the problem is similar to the one of the legal system havng too many lawyers...maybe there's just too many "journalists"...so they create there own news stories. The Ashcroft thing as a case in point...scandle created out of the "analysis" of a news anchor. I thought their job was to report...but that was then..this is now.

New Exactly..

Now they're speculating that the Mon missiles are the act that set Osama in motion for 9/11.

Oh...the tangled web we weave.

of course they are. The flip side of the coin is that had the missiles actually nailed Bin Laden, thousands of Americans would probably be alive now.

Maybe the problem is similar to the one of the legal system havng too many lawyers...maybe there's just too many "journalists"...so they create there own news stories. The Ashcroft thing as a case in point...scandle created out of the "analysis" of a news anchor. I thought their job was to report...but that was then..this is now.

You don't really think those talking heads do any real "analysis" or even journalism, do you?

Come on.

However, the sources of Ashcroft's flying rumors are far more than the result of a single news anchor. (But if you want to blame just him...be my guest.) I remember hearing questions of Ashcroft's flying habits months ago. I discredited them months ago because, even if it was true, it wasn't going to be proven.

However, like it or not, our journalistic standard (via Drudge and others) is to report rumors - and the more outragous the rumor, the better the ratings. Hell, look at the Air Force 1 theftgate. Was there ever any real evidence to that story, or was it all rumors to improve ratings?

I think you're at least partly right. I think there's too many news organizations. Unforuately, with this many news organizsations, they can no longer simply compete to deliver the best news and hope to get the best ratings. So now, they compete to get the best ratings irregardless of the validity, balance or truth of the news. As such, they are reporting more and more outragous claims; truth (and integrity) be damned.

Ah, but such is the capitialistic system.
New I am trying not to insult
My point was the administration is publicising terrorist threats to defuse criticism. NOT that "The criticism was that he should make announcements." Please don't use the tired old "defend a charge not made" defense.

I repeat, The current regime has admittedly used terrorist threat warnings as a ruse to deflect criticism. Do you agree with this tactic?
Re-elect Gore in 2004
New My point was simple...
..the Dem criticism I saw was that there should have been warnings given based on the Aug 6 briefing.

What did he know...when did he know it...why didn't he tell us??? (sound familiar???)

The administration said the briefing was non-specific in nature...to no avail....the criticism was still that the "people have a right to know".

So he told them.

Now the press comes back and says the warnings were to deflect criticism.

What was the criticism again????

Do we need to continue this course???

New Umm... fine...
Care to respond to *my point*? I'm sure I've made this clear.

Just in case, "The bush regime is using terrorsit threats as a means to deflect criticism.

Did you notice the period at the end of that last sentance? Please don't try to bring up which critcism it is.

Once again, the bush regime has used threats of terrorist attack as a means to deflect criticism (for the record, I don't care which criticism).

Do you agree with this?
Re-elect Gore in 2004
New Yep
Not caring about the criticism is kind of missing the point, though.

Damned if you do...damned if you don't I guess.

New "missing the point"?
Ummm... No.

The entire point is and has been from the beginning of this thread; "Bush regime uses terror warnings to deflect criticism". Get a fucking clue.
Re-elect Gore in 2004
New Come on ....
Keep it clean now...

Swear words only inflame... and really do nothing to enforce the arguement.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Re-Elect the Barn Oak in 2004
New Bog
Do you want a discussion or are all your posts a yes or no proposition?

New Well...
You know... I have stopped watching TV or listening to the radio since I couldn't stop watching or listening during the aftermath of 9/11.

Politics is Politics. Never shall the Politickers EVER be honor bound. Forever be shrouded in darkness. Forever relenting to thier inner-most evils. Allowing themselves to be sway into dealing with the fringe. Allowing the lobbyists to make thier decisions for them. Making decisions on thier own to buy $10,000 hammers, $3,600 toilet seats, $40 BIC pens, $1 a sheet 20-pound copy paper. Let alone denying that [link|http://www.area51researchcenter.com/area51/1993detail1.html|this] doesn't exist. Or even [link|http://www.stratcom.af.mil/|this] doesn't even really show up on any budget.

I could go on and on... and on and on....

The point IS that ALL politicians are not honorable and do things behind the scenes that are reprehensible. They all "appear" saintly... but America Really Really DOES NOT CARE. It's the media needing a story. They care not about what damage or undermining the nation. Deflecting criticisms has become a needed skill for ALL politicians.

Okay... Guilty as charged. I don't care... most of America doesn't care. We just hear Psycho-Babble coming out of the TUBE. 24 hour news channels have to fill the voiud with SOMETHING. Digging out those stories that would have never seen light of day as they were a fart in the wind, cept there is air time to fill.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. News these days just is fodder for here...

Maybe I should watch TV or listen to the radio... *MAYBE* just *MAYBE* I'd have a way to even comment sensibly in this hallowed forum.

Nah, I got's plenty of DRAMA right here... plenty of excercising. Everyone is Jumping to conclusions, running thier mouth, flying off the handle...etc...

whew-boy---

New No need really.
Life provides its own daytime drama.

No need for TV.

Radio is just as painful. Howard Stern is there.

White House: Terror warnings a tactic to fend off criticism - (Silverlock) - (98)
         Klansman gets life in prison for 1963 killings -?? -NT - (Simon_Jester) - (3)
             Huh? - (Silverlock) - (1)
                 I think I had junk in my proxy server... - (Simon_Jester)
             Ignore this dup-post - (Silverlock)
         But of course... - (bepatient) - (56)
             So why cut off the drone ops? - (Brandioch) - (55)
                 Cute use of selective memory. - (bepatient) - (54)
                     You're still trying for that strawman tangent, aren't you? - (Brandioch) - (43)
                         Why don't you... - (bepatient) - (42)
                             Why don't you buy a dictionary. - (Brandioch)
                             WHOA...wait a minute... - (Simon_Jester) - (40)
                                 They just spent the better part.... - (bepatient) - (39)
                                     I will even give you the chance to show it isn't straw. - (Brandioch) - (37)
                                         Nice wording - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                             And they mocked Clinton for that, didn't they? - (Brandioch)
                                         Tom Tomorrow: ____calls a spayed a spayed._________:-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton)
                                         So what about the drones? -NT - (bepatient) - (33)
                                             Uh..their pilots have been reassigned to KP. Co$t reduction? -NT - (Ashton)
                                             You don't have to grovel. - (Brandioch) - (29)
                                                 You don't have to get it... - (bepatient) - (28)
                                                     Company - (bepatient) - (27)
                                                         You REALLY need to learn how to read. - (Brandioch) - (26)
                                                             chuckle - (bepatient) - (25)
                                                                 Like I said, learn to read. - (Brandioch) - (24)
                                                                     Oh... - (bepatient) - (23)
                                                                         Bill "Strawman" Pathetic. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                                             Not my problem... - (bepatient)
                                                                         Umm...you mean, this quote? - (Simon_Jester) - (20)
                                                                             Nope...but that was a good try... - (bepatient) - (19)
                                                                                 So you mean this quote.... - (Simon_Jester) - (18)
                                                                                     Yep.. - (bepatient) - (17)
                                                                                         Excellent...so, what are you arguing again? - (Simon_Jester) - (16)
                                                                                             I wasn't arguing... - (bepatient) - (15)
                                                                                                 Nah Beep, no need to despise - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                                                                     Actually Ash... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                                         Damn, BeeP.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                                                             Oooh...my favorite! -NT - (bepatient)
                                                                                                 Grin -- I agree... - (Simon_Jester)
                                                                                                 What does that have to do with my original point? - (Silverlock) - (9)
                                                                                                     Everything - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                                                                         You continue to miss the point - (Silverlock) - (4)
                                                                                                             To deflect >what< criticism? - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                                                                                 Don't play stupid - (Silverlock)
                                                                                                                 Bepatient... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                                                                                                     Look...its really simple. - (bepatient)
                                                                                                         Dupe post. Ignore. -NT - (Silverlock)
                                                                                                     Absolutely nothing.... - (folkert) - (1)
                                                                                                         that was...um...unexpected.... - (bepatient)
                                             Stopped under Clinton Administration - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                 Just too cockamamie amateurish: Not to be true!____:( -NT - (Ashton)
                                     Actually I think it is politics as usual. - (Simon_Jester)
                     Re: Cute use of selective memory. - (Simon_Jester) - (9)
                         I know the thread. - (bepatient) - (4)
                             Ah...I see. thank you. -NT - (Simon_Jester)
                             Maybe it should be "Bill 'Strawman' Pathetic"? - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                 However, Brandioch... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                     Yup. - (Brandioch)
                         Okay, Simon, Here's MY problem. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                             Fair enough... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                                 Slightly less fair...... - (Brandioch)
                                 Admitted Bias. - (mmoffitt)
         Back to the point - (Silverlock) - (36)
             Because: we have to somehow weather this group - til 1/05 - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Nothing else. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                     I think I got a new sig! - (jb4)
             Are you certain... - (bepatient) - (32)
                 Pardon me, but BULLSHIT! - (Silverlock) - (20)
                     Are you being dense on purpose? - (bepatient) - (19)
                         Wow... Beep Stooping.... -NT - (folkert) - (1)
                             True...not necessary...apologies -NT - (bepatient)
                         To spell it out... - (Simon_Jester) - (7)
                             I'm not mmissing that point. - (bepatient) - (6)
                                 But I am apparently stuttering ;-) -NT - (bepatient)
                                 Well, I'm glad you're not missing that point... - (Simon_Jester) - (4)
                                     Not around here. - (bepatient) - (3)
                                         Well...there is a lot of humor to go around. - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                                             I suppose - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                 Exactly.. - (Simon_Jester)
                         I am trying not to insult - (Silverlock) - (8)
                             My point was simple... - (bepatient) - (7)
                                 Umm... fine... - (Silverlock) - (6)
                                     Yep - (bepatient) - (3)
                                         "missing the point"? - (Silverlock) - (2)
                                             Come on .... - (folkert)
                                             Bog - (bepatient)
                                     Well... - (folkert) - (1)
                                         No need really. - (bepatient)
                 And what might that be? - (jb4) - (10)
                     Wow.... - (bepatient) - (9)
                         Oh come on now.... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                             Amazingly enough... - (bepatient)
                         C'mon Bill..stop shoveling straw - (jb4) - (6)
                             The latest incarnation... - (bepatient) - (5)
                                 Yeah, except for one thing: - (jb4) - (4)
                                     I read them. - (bepatient) - (3)
                                         Re: I read them. - (Spammer 1029) - (1)
                                             SPAM much? -NT - (bepatient)
                                         Re: I read them. - (Spammer 1029)

You can, at the YMCA.
798 ms