IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I've upfated to Yosemite.
It was mildly painful because of a WiFi connected printer issue. I have a Canon Pixma 860 printer and the existing or updated device driver failed to consistently connect to the printer. I updated to the latest Canon driver outside the usual Apple Software Update (now App Store in Yosemite) path and all is well. The Apple Support is still clueless about the latest device driver.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Hmmm.. have Pixma MP620B
Will, as usual let the obsolete drivers sort selves out. I don't Upgrade til forced, usually: always grateful for you canaries, lookin fer fire-damp in the mine shaft. :-0

Sorry to hear of Apple's disdain for adding drivers on er, UP-DATE! I thought they were smart. Nope: gettin greedy (and forgetful?)
New On Canon service: [Sorry so late re your glitch]
My 620B sat around for some time before I got tuit. Thought the install-steps a too-? lengthy process (even skipping the Wifi) but it completed all the tests and worked. Except scanner. Expected a round of delving. Naively called their service #. We went through some drills incl. latest driver set.

This was on their dime and a well informed tech. No joy.. until I raised Q re length of USB cable: ptr is located ~ 8' away. {Duh, says he, for not asking..) Turns out it needs to be Short for all the prestidigitations in scanner-mode! ergo 100% AOK, there.

In brief, given the time and patience, this reminded of my outstanding experience re [anothe division] my superbL-1A SLR (most accurate range-finder extant, then.) Canon thus far gets ***** in my brief experience. FWIW
     "Noticeboard" ... wassup with that? now that y'all have seen a bunch. - (Ashton) - (8)
         Dunno. Save a tree. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Thanks! The Ars essays.. exactly the overview to answer lots under-hood - (Ashton)
         Upgrade and enjoy it. - (pwhysall)
         here ya go - (boxley)
         I've upfated to Yosemite. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             Hmmm.. have Pixma MP620B - (Ashton)
             On Canon service: [Sorry so late re your glitch] - (Ashton)
         Thanks, All. Exactly what I wanted to know. IGM rocks, but we knew that. -NT - (Ashton)

My Mom, who is vacationing in Aruba...
48 ms