IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Dunno. Save a tree.
I almost never use the Mac Console, so that's new to me.

I would save the money and not get another book. Changes from the cats to Mavericks aren't that big to the user. Stuff under the hood that has changed probably won't be talked about in the book to any great extent. Google is your friend, of course. :-)

Maybe read Ars or similar to get their take before going to Yosemite (if you're thinking about it). Some say that SL was "the last good version of OS X" and the like, but you know how some people are....

Ars on Mavericks.

Ars on Yosemite.

If you use Numbers and Pages and so forth a lot, take note of comments about some of them breaking with Mavericks (I did notice updates of them for Yosemite in my Software Update list recently, so maybe those criticisms are obsolete now).

HTH a little. Good luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Thanks! The Ars essays.. exactly the overview to answer lots under-hood
and reveal the Ego-stratified Id at work in the new AppleSoft tribe. Sooo glad I missed the LIon-experiment (though I remain that outlier/no-cel type, who has no notion/experience of IOS's deemed-stellar attribs.)

Never mind the Facts in one regard: Cats Forever.. (almost) would have been been my dictat as CIEIO, but I may be a tiny-bit biased. That SL wallpaper was just bitchin (even though I replaced it with one of Sierra, atop the car, draped over windshield and looking Regal.)

Being all unaware of *Mavericks CA, but looking at Ars's speculations about inescapable OS X Style-Warz to come, does prompt a gulp
--one cockamamie Visionary in the Corp could really screw up retaining the lovely balance of Snow Leopard's relative-maximum. :-(
No point in fretting about what ya never Do get to Vote. On. Eh?

* Can Big Sur be far behind? How about Paradise CA? (followed by Purgatory, Nirvana and Maya?)

Again thanks for usual al punte refs: I can see some time well-spent ... poring over the nicely titled list below the prose.
     "Noticeboard" ... wassup with that? now that y'all have seen a bunch. - (Ashton) - (8)
         Dunno. Save a tree. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Thanks! The Ars essays.. exactly the overview to answer lots under-hood - (Ashton)
         Upgrade and enjoy it. - (pwhysall)
         here ya go - (boxley)
         I've upfated to Yosemite. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             Hmmm.. have Pixma MP620B - (Ashton)
             On Canon service: [Sorry so late re your glitch] - (Ashton)
         Thanks, All. Exactly what I wanted to know. IGM rocks, but we knew that. -NT - (Ashton)