IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Anecdotes are as good as science. Film at 11.
New The plural of "anecdote" is "data"
--

Drew
New Conversely, all data is anecdotal in nature.
All data originates from observations by humans, whether directly or through instruments.

These humans, consciously or subconsciously, all have personal agendas which affect the data. There are many subtle ways observations can be distorted, deliberately or not, starting with the design of the program, or design of instruments if used.

All data is suspect from the start - until sufficiently confirmed by other humans with different agendas.
New And don't forget the observer effect, right Scott? ;0)
New Good instruments and techniques reduce that. ;-)
New Spoilsport!!
Bastard..
Now.. we ain't gots No Place to hang our hunches on--and see if enough salute the resultant kaleidoscope, to pronounce it..

Trufiness-Enough.

..except maybe Siva: "Look (Arjuna), I have become Death--the Destroyer of Worlds."
Anyone who can traverse 11 (or is it up to 22 now?) Dimensions, millennia-before Physics had a clue..
Is My Guy/Gal whatever.
New It's hard to have good science when research is hindered.
http://www.maps.org/research/mmj/

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
     One for Mike: Regular pot use tied to brain changes. - (Another Scott) - (34)
         From my observations back in the day when . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (18)
             On the strength of cannibinoids and their delivery mechanism - (pwhysall) - (17)
                 Well, that is certainly true . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (15)
                     Anecdotes aren't data - (pwhysall) - (10)
                         More reliable than the over-cooked data we get these days. -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
                             Eh, if you say so. -NT - (pwhysall) - (8)
                                 See your example above. -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
                                     why? - (pwhysall) - (6)
                                         My experience is not in any way contradicted by that data. - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                                             Re: My experience is not in any way contradicted by that dat - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                                 The figures in the article show more than doubling . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                                     Cherry-picking data is fun! - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                                         And you cherry pick quite insistently. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                             Availability! You are both right. - (crazy)
                     please explain "driving home on instruments" - (crazy) - (3)
                         Re: please explain "driving home on instruments" - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                             yep, understood. floating along, paying CLOSE attention - (crazy) - (1)
                                 Just as a point of reference . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                 in the old days - (crazy)
         Thanks. - (mmoffitt) - (11)
             Depends on how it's done. "Just Say No" didn't work. -NT - (Another Scott) - (10)
                 Perhaps I give young people too much credit. - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                     Inaccuracies? - (Andrew Grygus)
                     Developing vs developed brains - (rcareaga) - (7)
                         Anecdotes are as good as science. Film at 11. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                             The plural of "anecdote" is "data" -NT - (drook) - (4)
                                 Conversely, all data is anecdotal in nature. - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                     And don't forget the observer effect, right Scott? ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                         Good instruments and techniques reduce that. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     Spoilsport!! - (Ashton)
                             It's hard to have good science when research is hindered. - (Another Scott)
         Where are the studies about alcohol? - (gcareaga) - (2)
             and you can be sure - (crazy) - (1)
                 yup, edible loses again - (crazy)

The lobsters are coming!
120 ms