IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Oh, wages will go up too.
Dean Baker - http://www.cepr.net/...-will-raise-wages

[...]

Finally, we should be very clear about what CBO said on wages since there really is no ambiguity here. It said:

"According to CBO’s more detailed analysis, the 1 percent reduction in aggregate compensation that will occur as a result of the ACA corresponds to a reduction of about 1.5 percent to 2.0 percent in hours worked. (p 127)"

If hours fall by 1.5 to 2.0 percent, but compensation falls by 1.0 percent, then compensation per hour rises by 0.5-1.0 percent due to the ACA. If this is bad news for workers then someone must have been enjoying the new found freedoms in Colorado or Washington State too much.

:-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New so america loses 2.5 million jobs but
yay people in two states can get stoned over the news. This is a win is your message? Don't kmow if you have noticed but you are posting a lot of stuff that defends these job losses without anyone else posting that there is job losses.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New Ya gotta read the report more carefully.
http://www.washingto...are-really-found/

Although CBO projects that total employment (and compensation) will increase over the coming decade, that increase will be smaller than it would have been in the absence of the ACA. The decline in full-time-equivalent employment stemming from the ACA will consist of some people not being employed at all and other people working fewer hours; however, CBO has not tried to quantify those two components of the overall effect. The estimated reduction stems almost entirely from a net decline in the amount of labor that workers choose to supply, rather than from a net drop in business’ demand for labor, so it will appear almost entirely as a reduction in labor force participation and in hours worked relative to what have occurred otherwise rather than as an increase in unemployment (that is, more workers seeking, but not finding jobs) or underemployment (such as part-time workers who would prefer to work more hours per week).

It doesn't say 2.5 M jobs will be lost. It says that there is an estimated reduction of 2.0-2.5 M equivalent full-time people working full time. The jobs will still be there.

People will be able to quit the jobs they hate but have kept because it was the only way they could get health insurance. People will be able to start their own businesses because they will still be able to get health insurance. People will be able to work part time if they want and sill be able to get health insurance. People will be able to retire earlier than waiting until 62-67 when the will get Medicare and Social Security. (And people will be able to move to a different part of the country that fits their wishes and lifestyle better, and not be trapped in a particular job that provides health insurance, so it will help the housing market and job markets and general well-being, too.)

This is a good thing.

Cheers,
Scott.
New ya mean parse it in a pollyanna manner?
since ya'all took the effort to mark it in bold
The estimated reduction stems almost entirely from a net decline in the amount of labor that workers choose to supply, rather than from a net drop in business’ demand for labor
how was that determined? The price of forced healthcare is so costly it is cheaper to go on welfare than work for a living isn't a win, win in my eyes
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New They're estimates at this point. Time will tell.
New know they are estimates in 2010 the estimate was MUCH lower
New Tell that to Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.
He claimed these were job losses due to Obamacare. So, to preserve jobs, you need to end Obamacare. Obamacare is a job killer!

Reading with comprehension must be a lost art. Actually, in this case, Mitch probably knows better but but spins it for the "benefit" of those who don't read. Toss out the term "Congressional Budget Office" and what he says becomes non-partisan gospel. The man is a despicable POS!
Alex

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

-- Isaac Asimov
New Yes, is; worse: ..he has soo much despicable company.
     CBO: Obamacare means people can actually retire. - (Another Scott) - (14)
         so getting comfy on the bottom of the income scale are we? - (boxley) - (5)
             Means testing always has that effect on the poor. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 Re: more generous to people above the poverty line, not less - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                     Sure, but we don't have to cut the cord for it to be better. -NT - (Another Scott)
             lolz - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 No way. - (mmoffitt)
         Oh, wages will go up too. - (Another Scott) - (7)
             so america loses 2.5 million jobs but - (boxley) - (6)
                 Ya gotta read the report more carefully. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                     ya mean parse it in a pollyanna manner? - (boxley) - (2)
                         They're estimates at this point. Time will tell. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             know they are estimates in 2010 the estimate was MUCH lower -NT - (boxley)
                     Tell that to Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                         Yes, is; worse: ..he has soo much despicable company. -NT - (Ashton)

Same thing we do every night, Pinky... try to take over the WORLD!
90 ms