IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The big problem with debit is . . .
. . that a thief can instantly drain your bank account - and you have no immediate recourse. You're going to have no money for some time, your checks will bounce, etc.
New also
When traveling, renting cars, renting hotel rooms, etc, the vendor may put a hold on much more than is available in the account, but will be OK with a regular cc card. So they are useful but dangerous.
New Synchronicity
The last couple of days my bank card has been working as a debit but not as a credit. I just called today to find out why.

On the 10th I apparently bought $58.29 worth of something at a Winn-Dixe Liquor in Florida. No, I haven't been to Florida this month.

The bank put a hold on the card for credit transactions, but it was still good for debit because I needed the PIN. They just deactivated the card and are sending me a new one.

Damn, now everything I have set up with recurring payments has to be updated. What a royal pain in the ass.
--

Drew
     great observation about bank charges - (boxley) - (16)
         It's about prividing fair value - (drook) - (14)
             It has never.. Made Sense to me! - (Ashton) - (13)
                 Debit card != prepaid cc - (drook) - (7)
                     The big problem with debit is . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                         also - (crazy)
                         Synchronicity - (drook)
                     Yes, I forget that few do (pay-off monthly) - (Ashton)
                     Credit card=Debit card you don't pay immediately, so why not "Debit card=(OK,~)prepaid credit card"? - (CRConrad) - (2)
                         in amerika banks are happy to let you buy a $5 item with no funds on your debit card - (boxley)
                         Another wrinkle are pre-paid debit cards. They're trying to weaken Dodd-Frank too. - (Another Scott)
                 debit cards are/where a convenient replacement for checks - (boxley) - (4)
                     Thanks.. that one makes sense. But if there's still a fee - (Ashton) - (3)
                         Still assuming you'll pay off the CC every month - (drook) - (1)
                             Yes, see above. -NT - (Ashton)
                         up to about $15 dollars the vig is cheaper for a credirt car - (boxley)
         I can get a Starbucks coffee for quite a lot less than that. - (static)

Thanks for noticing.
119 ms