IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New debit cards are/where a convenient replacement for checks
not a substitute credit card. For a small fee a merchant doesnt need to wait for a check to clear or hope that the check writer was indeed the owner of the checking account.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New Thanks.. that one makes sense. But if there's still a fee
wouldn't the CC do as well (from card-holder POV?)
Maybe a debit-card vigorish is cheaper to merchant; wonder how it's going re pricing out-front an %extra for any CC purchase.

See, this still suggests that such a one may not have/may not be able to get/may not want to pay a larger fee for a regular bank account.
New Still assuming you'll pay off the CC every month
Debit cards typically have no fee when you use them. CC will have interest charges. So in theory the debit is cheaper to the user.
--

Drew
New Yes, see above.
New up to about $15 dollars the vig is cheaper for a credirt car
above that the vendor prefers using a debit. Each handling company has slightly different rates.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
     great observation about bank charges - (boxley) - (16)
         It's about prividing fair value - (drook) - (14)
             It has never.. Made Sense to me! - (Ashton) - (13)
                 Debit card != prepaid cc - (drook) - (7)
                     The big problem with debit is . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                         also - (crazy)
                         Synchronicity - (drook)
                     Yes, I forget that few do (pay-off monthly) - (Ashton)
                     Credit card=Debit card you don't pay immediately, so why not "Debit card=(OK,~)prepaid credit card"? - (CRConrad) - (2)
                         in amerika banks are happy to let you buy a $5 item with no funds on your debit card - (boxley)
                         Another wrinkle are pre-paid debit cards. They're trying to weaken Dodd-Frank too. - (Another Scott)
                 debit cards are/where a convenient replacement for checks - (boxley) - (4)
                     Thanks.. that one makes sense. But if there's still a fee - (Ashton) - (3)
                         Still assuming you'll pay off the CC every month - (drook) - (1)
                             Yes, see above. -NT - (Ashton)
                         up to about $15 dollars the vig is cheaper for a credirt car - (boxley)
         I can get a Starbucks coffee for quite a lot less than that. - (static)

I say, I say that was a JOKE, son! A joke!
387 ms