IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Review of "Ozymandias" episode.
Some good writing, lots of spoilers if you're a fan - http://www.grantland...ght-in-ozymandias

It makes me glad that I haven't seen the show. It may be great writing/acting/story - it's not my speed (not these days).

Cheers,
Scott.
New Heh, I saw what you did there.
New sounds like a crap show from that description
having met more than a few meth heads in RL than I cared to, watching aother one on the screen would be a waste of time
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New The cinematography looks pretty good.
And the music isn't too bad, from this clip...

http://www.youtube.c...tch?v=53j4vQ8Un0k (4:37) (SFW).

(via Kathleen Geier - http://www.washingto..._fond_f046891.php )

;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New maybe, this link is a few years after I was hanging around
them. Just fun party folk then the meth got too deep for most. I'm not a joiner, but I don't mind a good party
http://www.yourepeat...ch/?v=udWV9KZsajw
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New I see.. too.
And yup, too:
It makes me glad that I haven't seen the show. It may be great writing/acting/story - it's not my speed (not these days).

"Ozymandias," as written by longtime Breaking Bad staffer Moira Walley-Beckett and directed, with emotional violence and blessed visual restraint, by high-stylist Rian Johnson, was one of the most visceral and unpleasant viewing experiences I can remember enduring. It seemed designed to counter our cultural turn toward binge-watching. It was punishment for our bottomless, self-serving hunger. It felt sick, like a purge.

..My decision came in first 1.5 episodes--or wherever it was that this 'chemist' committed his first murder.
Friend had sent me ?-episodes (4? 6?.. never went that far.)
Already the opening scenarios had telegraphed that which--I had not bothered to extrapolate, nor could I then imagine This Thing running about like Upstairs, Downstairs
[however being it's polar-Opposite of civilized, historical, informative, etc. Maybe that's its Attraction?]
No redeeming 'reason' to watch it except to vicariously Be a meth-guy/killer.. (with an alleged/weak 'excuse list' for suddenly choosing to BE 'Mr. Hyde' and to assassinate Dr. Jekyll et Alia.)

In sum--by Episode 1.5 I had put it with every banal car-crash/heaped-dead-bodies in piles Action flic:
simply a Devolutionary-thesis, each of its impressions provoking Horror at minimum/with NO redeeming 'social' or other qualities: just Shock-via-lazily-cobbled algorithms
designed to: just-shock, 'cause it gets the mouth-breathers viscera' into Action-mode and sells beer or dope or whatever.
I was right (about what it would turn out to be) without making any guesses--never mind. even remotely: the inconceivably Vicious subsequent episodes and >This 'Ozymandias' Thing!<
I spared myself this raping-via-execrable-impressions and, this link is ex-post-facto Relief at what I did-Not have to wade through cause-it-was-Soo-'popular cha. cha. cha.

What a bitchin Real, fucking! Rorschach! ... for an entire audience of voyeurs who will watch ANY
--cockamamie nihilist sex-as-violence kinda aberrant-shit, so long as 'everyone else is, Too.'

Baa Baa.. ..But: the sheep Shall be sheared.. psychologically; is that the Worst Way?
And.. Who KNOWS?! just what sort of putrescent plots shall ensue, fueled by the Succe$$ of THIS foray into misanthropic seppuku: maybe a 3-D sequel?
     Breaking Bad: UK Edition - (folkert) - (21)
         never seen it, what is it about? -NT - (boxley) - (10)
             ... - (folkert) - (6)
                 not a sport, news or pawnstars, dont watch it -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                     Nice troll there. -NT - (folkert) - (4)
                         why, are you concerned? - (boxley) - (3)
                             Ok... I'll bite this time. - (folkert) - (2)
                                 I really havent seen the show so bear with me - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Yeah.. and IF Hamlet hadn't seen a ghost.. ba-dum, twitch -NT - (Ashton)
             I call bullshit. How stupid do you think we are... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                 sure I read the comic - (boxley)
                 about the show - (rcareaga)
         I believe boxley - (rcareaga)
         That's awfully simplistic, actually. - (static) - (2)
             Agreed wholeheartedly -NT - (rcareaga)
             Also, he has an HMO - (altmann)
         Review of "Ozymandias" episode. - (Another Scott) - (5)
             Heh, I saw what you did there. -NT - (CRConrad)
             sounds like a crap show from that description - (boxley) - (2)
                 The cinematography looks pretty good. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     maybe, this link is a few years after I was hanging around - (boxley)
             I see.. too. - (Ashton)

Just because your vocabulary is extremely limited doesn't mean the rest of the world can't use that word.
54 ms