yet they miss the nature of the Problem, IMO. I've come to the conclusion that, when people are THIS muddled, something.. Something!.. ...
(Which some call, a Conscious or Consciousness-Shock!) seems necessary for any next Big Picture to emerge, At. All.

Now.. 'delivering' such a Thing, if a one/or many imagine to attempt that? is by no means via some 'algorithm' or other formulaic ritual (as I hope is obvious.)
Past events as fit the concept have been of the horrific kind: remember *Kitty Genovese? (..stories heard about the event, for most here. I recall it LIve.)
http://en.wikipedia....of_Kitty_Genovese
* Note that the conflicting early reports, later clarifications are irrelevant to the theme thus the immediately evoked SHAME everywhere.
(Today with instant-Everything: no words needed re any comparable event.)

(Event occurred in the neighborhood where I spent two summers as a tyke: Kew Gardens, LI, NYC.)
This execrable example of peoples' ennui.. to an. inhuman. degree. prompted Lots of soul-searching. SHAME did that.
In today's morass, amidst an unprecedented environment of such deadly composition that, Lying is so expected that ... it's Not Even Noticed [anyone want to debate that assertion?]
methinks that SHAME--or an equivalently-Visceral emotion--must Needs be galvanized via some event aka Wake-UP! Call

You can't just choreograph such an event, of course. But for any who verify the psychological soundness of the 'process':
I do hope that a massive-SHOCK >IS< delivered to the cadaverous psyches of.. just too-bloody-Many people, seen to be somnambulists/sleep-walkers du jour.

With Language-murder now an hourly occurrence already: no amount/quality of more-Rhetoric or Doom-filled (or Unicorn-filled) verbal images: will come close, IMhO.
(OT?/Precisely relevant?) Obama is a Master at 'inspirational messages'
--and That ability/confounded by his other quirks, weaknesses, and propensity for re-hiring perps who Caused Finance to implode, Etc. and too-many Etcs.
--maybe adequately limns today's weariness with [Rhetoric]: however slick.

I have some ideas, know I'm not alone re this trajectory; realize also that--we are never taught 'How-to' actualize a psychological effect towards some specificity, like:
(say) WAKE UP! Mofos!--gehabt kindern--'these guys hate your guts and just want your assets: All of them'. ..well, any that survived '08.

Luck to us all on the Zyklon B Project.