IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Sigh
Standard paternalistic misogynistic Heinlein.
Shut up and do as you're told. again and again.
He lived in the times, but I find it annoying.
At least he let her shoot someone.
If I gave it to my PWW to read he'd have no discomfort with it, which is something I'm trying to change.
This quote is a kicker:

Aside from mathematics, just two things worth doing kill a man and love woman. He had done both; he was rich

What an asshole. Oh well.

I'm scared to read "Stranger in a Strange Land" again, it'll probably annoy me.
Expand Edited by crazy April 12, 2013, 09:11:37 AM EDT
Expand Edited by crazy April 12, 2013, 09:42:12 AM EDT
New Share that view of Heinlein, of course..
But as I've opined before ... IMExperience, "technical people" like to believe ~` that, there's a simple algorithm for Every even in life
(including its creation, within our still infantile Knowledge of the Cosmos.)

Technicians have been amongst the most rabidly like-my-Gramma right-wing wackos.. noticed by me: early-on. fwiw

(Why should Heinlein be other-than--just a decent sci-fi writer? Confucius He Ain't. Bertie Russell has more meat--but isn't funny or terse.)
And shit, man: this was written in sleepy-1951! a year just before the Somnolent Eisenhower Years.
Go figure what the Murican zeitgeist WAS: before 0.001% had ever fucking Heard of zeitgeist.
I vas DERE, Charlie--and up-close: IT SUCKED (a bookshelf-worth of TMI I could spin.)
New Wondermark #914
http://wondermark.com/914/

:-)

Cheers,
Scott.
     TOD: The End of Peak Oil - (Another Scott) - (23)
         'For a successful technology, reality must take precedence - (Ashton)
         PS: Peak Gold, anyone? - (Ashton) - (21)
             Interesting linkies, thanks. - (Another Scott) - (20)
                 Hey.. I've been touting That Story for eons.. - (Ashton) - (19)
                     :-) Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott) - (7)
                         PS (and too..) There's one modrin-cliche-word, near the end - (Ashton) - (6)
                             Thanks again. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                 Hint: where he lauds the Russian astrophysicist, calls him - (Ashton) - (4)
                                     I completely missed that. Neat. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                         But, the OED says... - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                             As I've maintained re the "quote" rituals, all along-- - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                 Makes sense. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                     Every time he says lemming - (crazy) - (10)
                         Uhoh - (crazy) - (9)
                             Sigh - (crazy) - (2)
                                 Share that view of Heinlein, of course.. - (Ashton)
                                 Wondermark #914 - (Another Scott)
                             black gun = assault weapon - (lincoln) - (5)
                                 so when you paiint your penis black does it work different? -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                                     you are so purposely missing the point - (lincoln) - (3)
                                         he sez as he rushes to the store for black paint -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                             You need sound-effects for this micro-scale of doggerel - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                 uncle Si? -NT - (boxley)

I expected him to strike up a game of chess with Satan and start muttering about strawberries.
52 ms